Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles

Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles This area is for sharing all about our custom stretch cruisers and choppers.

Chopper & Stretch Cruiser Extra WideTriple Tree Modification

This area is for sharing all about our custom stretch cruisers and choppers.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Dealer

Thumbs up Chopper & Stretch Cruiser Extra Wide Triple Tree Modification

If anyone can share information on modifying the Stretch Cruiser or Chopper Bicycle triple trees to accommodate the 20", 24" or 26" 100mm rims with the 4.25" tires please share it here.

I've searched the forum for another members post about modifying the triple trees for Stretch Cruiser's & Chopper Bicycles, but can't find the post!

Below are some Schwinn OCC Stingray Chopper's with the triple tree modification's.

If you have any information for others or have other idea's / suggestions, as to how one could do it yourself, that is modifying the triple trees to accommodate the extra wide 4.25" tires, please share it here.

Note, this modification is an alternative to purchasing the more costly custom made cnc machined triple trees, which can cost as much as $300.00 USD !!!! OUCH !!!

C.H.
P.S.Thanks & Credit to Ollb83 & others who have shared their how to information for modifying triple trees.

Here are the Custom Made Extra Wide Forks & Triple Trees which will accommodate all three (3) sizes of wheels in the 100mm rim size and 20", 24", 26" wheel / tire size's.
The above 100mm rims are available from Cycles U.S. Homepage - Cycles U.S. LLC/Choppers U.S. here's the Link, note you'll have to lace the spokes / hub to these rims!
Wheel/Tire/Tube/Hub/Rim : Rims Only - Cycles U.S. LLC/Choppers U.S.

These extra wide forks are from Europe and commonly used on basman bicycles these have a retail price of nearly $300.00 + $50-60 USD for the shipping from Europe. So yes nearly $400.00 dollars, ouch will you custom make yours or buy them ready made?
Oh almost forgot here's the measurements for these forks the measurements shown below:

Steering tube = 1-1/8"

Extra Wide Fork Black,

with Hub = 4-1/4" Wide For (100mm) Rims; 36 Holes; 3/8" Axle; 135mm Lock Nut to Lock Nut; 170mm Axle Length Overall

length legs: 660 mm =25.98425 inches.
width legs: 150 mm =5.905512 inches.
length steerer tube: 230 mm =9.055118 inches.
width axle: 165 mm =6.496063 inches.

These engines work best used for motorizing the Stretch Cruisers & Chopper builds.

Last edited by Crazy Horse; 11-20-2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Chopper & Stretch Cruiser Extra WideTriple Tree Modification

CH,,,
have you seen this thread ???
http://motorbicycling.com/f41/m-m-m-donuts-35326.html

Intelligence is learning from your own mistakes,
Wisdom is learning from the mistakes of others

EZ Motorbike Dealer - Fountain Hills, AZ
www.ezmotorbike.com
EZ Motorbike of Fountain Hills
azgrampa@gmail.com
Old 11-20-2011, 08:50 AM
Dealer

Thumbs up Re: Chopper & Stretch Cruiser Extra WideTriple Tree Modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbill View Post
CH,,,
have you seen this thread ???
http://motorbicycling.com/f41/m-m-m-donuts-35326.html
Thanks Bill, I knew someone would share some info about these Fat Forks and or Triple Trees.

Here's the Link to Ficksers & Project 346 information:

http://www.project346.nl/db/WAS49a81...der_WEB_II.pdf

244 Build Up Kit

Forks

Peace C.H.

These engines work best used for motorizing the Stretch Cruisers & Chopper builds.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:25 PM

You can get aluminum plate of all kinds of sizes on eBay for a decent price. As long as you don't need a raked tripletree decent shop tools could make them. The hole sizes can be a problem unless you have a boring bar and a mill but I think they could be made to fit what ever fork tubes you want even if drilling the holes is the only option. I got a large set of drill bits from 1/2 to 1 1/8ths, though, and have no problem with attacking a problem like this on my own
Old 12-30-2012, 04:11 PM

Im looking for some of the aluminum triple trees for the fork legs to replace the stampednsteel ones. Ive seen the pedal chopper kit but im just looking for the plates. Any help?
Old 12-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Crazy Horse

I will be offering them in about 2 weeks specifically for OCC schwinn to accomodate 4.25 wheel...

Probably $200.00 range but they will be 100% aluminum - billet yokes and brushed aluminum down comers. They will have disc tabs and I will also be offering an adaptor which will be screwed onto the freewheel threads of any OCC schwinn rear wheel and allow you to convert to a front / disc wheel.

I am also going to build to suit... Steering tubes upto 14 inches for now and fork length upto 31 inches.

put pedalchopper.com on your favorites... they should be available beginning by or before 1-15-2013 Jim
The Following User Says Thank You to pedalchopper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 09:04 AM

Hey Jim
I sent you an email through your site a couple days ago. Im looking to buy a set of the yokes I dont need new fork legs though.

Last edited by chainmaker; 01-01-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Dealer

Thumbs up Re: Chopper & Stretch Cruiser Extra WideTriple Tree Modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalchopper View Post
Crazy Horse

I will be offering them in about 2 weeks specifically for OCC schwinn to accomodate 4.25 wheel...

Probably $200.00 range but they will be 100% aluminum - billet yokes and brushed aluminum down comers. They will have disc tabs and I will also be offering an adaptor which will be screwed onto the freewheel threads of any OCC schwinn rear wheel and allow you to convert to a front / disc wheel.

I am also going to build to suit... Steering tubes upto 14 inches for now and fork length upto 31 inches.

put pedalchopper.com on your favorites... they should be available beginning by or before 1-15-2013 Jim
Jim, looking forward to your new Extra Wide Front Fork & Triple Trees!

Extra wide fork with black sealed bearing hub to fit 80mm and 100mm wide rims.

WOW, American made products for our Super Fat Tire Builds.

Thanks Jim!

Go Fat Early:

C.H.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crazy Horse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Crazy Horse

Why not use Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki... Triple trees and forks??? It gives you oil damper suspension in front???? I used Hand on mine, have disc brake Bicycle on front and rear. Electric bikes have bicycle cable brake levers with switches for brake lights. they have a cool set of bar mounted switches right hand is High/Low beam. Left hand is on/off, turn signals and horn button. they all clamp to handle bars. Also M/C supply houses have a matching black base with red switch - Kill switch... look for 70-125cc scooters. I converted my hubs to use sealed bearing now I use M/C bolt goes thru complete fork and assembly from one side and lets you take nut off pull bolt nd drop compete wheel assembly even with disc brake. You can find forks with same size 3/8" bolt for axle as Bicycle. When you use sealed bearing be sure to use a spacer between the two inside hub (same as some M/C) save cocking bearings to inside and ruining a nice hub!

The reason I chose M/C Forks was for strength! and they are already proven road ready! All I needed was a cheap aluminum or chromed tube bending or collapsing while on road... away from home. I have a couple sets and even the kids 50-70#ers doing wheelys, jumping off curbs have had issues. They look good but not always perfect! Not worth crash and burning... and here they'll just drive over you, motorcycles on the road... have been here for years, Bicycles longer yet... but noone wants to remember them. They still use as three wheelers push and pull carts, as Tuk tuks for taxi's but get behind one in a Taxi and they Cuss Like a Sailor about them! I have tiped a Driver to be more curtious towards them at times. Put a good light or Motor on one and they give you plenty of room... no clue to what you are! haha!!

Again go to Junk yard... old M/C usually 25-35 USD here 100 Baht fits 5-7" x 1" headtube play with the bearings and races most are Ballbearing also... done deal!! If the frame of the bike is there pay for headtube and 2" sections of extruded pipe, just take a hacksraw with you and now bearing... no issue

David

Last edited by davidstipek; 01-26-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

I have a set of steel brackets that let you convert standard front or rear fork to accept mounting International Standard Disc brake calipers. I will trade with Pair of Calipers, spin-on rotor adapters and rotors for a 24" Steel chromed rim (for a 4.25" or wider tire) and tire. I need one fat tire 4.25 or wider and rim to fit. If uses 36H spokes I not worrying about gauge of spoke holes, rim needs to be drilled for 36 spokes... do not need spokes or hub!

David

Last edited by davidstipek; 01-26-2013 at 01:00 PM.