Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Board Trackers and Vintage Motorized Bicycles

Board Trackers and Vintage Motorized Bicycles Vintage enthusiasts share your board trackers and other vintage motorized bicycle ideas, builds and replicas here

Dynabeads!!

Vintage enthusiasts share your board trackers and other vintage motorized bicycle ideas, builds and replicas here

Old 10-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Dynabeads!!

Motorized bikes have to deal with something that bicycles don't really need to worry about, tire balance. Our wheels spin faster than a bicycles and therefore we need balanced wheels like an automobile or motorcycle. I discovered Dynabeads on the web and it is a way for us to dynamically balance our wheels without ugly weights or special equipment. it's really a cool system. They are ceramic granular balls small enough to go down the valve stem of your bicycle tube and they instantly balance your tire when you hit about 10 mph. And it is a perfect balance. No kidding, I put one ounce in each of my tubes and rode down my street to my Parents house about a quarter of a mile away and right away noticed a HUGE difference! It is amazing how smooth and stable it makes your bike. I have this link for how it works. You need to see this video! You cannot use this product in conjunction with slime as it will prevent the beads from getting to where they need to move freely to.

DynaBeads demo video - YouTube

It's not a gimmick as it really works and will make your bike feel like you are rolling on glass! It is not expensive at all. I bought enough to do five tubes for about $20 online and you can cut the tube open if you need to replace the tube and reuse the beads for another tube, so it will last a long time. Trust me when I say this is the biggest gain in ride quality for the least amount of money you will spend. Simply awsome!

Last edited by cobrafreak; 10-21-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:56 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

Default Re: Dynabeads!!

From a scientific standpoint, I could see where this would really work.

But I'm cracking up over here, because it brought back memories. Anybody here remember being a kid back in the day, and putting stones inside people's hubcaps as a joke. With the baby moons and a couple good-sized river rocks, a hot-rodder would get quite a chorus.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 10-22-2011, 09:42 AM

I have heard of these before, and have heard good things about them. Has anybody heard any bad things about them, or potential problems?
Old 10-22-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_Wrench View Post
From a scientific standpoint, I could see where this would really work.

But I'm cracking up over here, because it brought back memories. Anybody here remember being a kid back in the day, and putting stones inside people's hubcaps as a joke. With the baby moons and a couple good-sized river rocks, a hot-rodder would get quite a chorus.
I have done that joke too. Received it also. Nothing a gob of Petroleum Jelly under a car handle can't fix
Old 10-22-2011, 09:58 AM

After reading this i went ahead and ordered 2oz. it couldnt hurt, it was only 11.00 shipped for the beads and fill aplicator. They did not have a listing for the amount to use in a bicycle tire but ive e-mailed the company with my tire size so hopefully they will get back to me with the amount. i dont know how long it will take to get them but i will post my results after i get them in and running.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Gutter Rider

I just use an ample amount of slime myself that has always worked for me. Never tried the Dynobeads.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richirich View Post
After reading this i went ahead and ordered 2oz. it couldnt hurt, it was only 11.00 shipped for the beads and fill aplicator. They did not have a listing for the amount to use in a bicycle tire but ive e-mailed the company with my tire size so hopefully they will get back to me with the amount. i dont know how long it will take to get them but i will post my results after i get them in and running.
On the motorcycle dynabead site
( Dyna Beads for Motorcycle Riders and Dealers ) the skinny tires take one ounce and the larger tires take two ounces. I put one OZ. in each tire and it works really good. Remember, anything over what your wheel actually needs gets balanced anyway up to a point. The Water bottle test in the video on the first post used one full OZ. A little bit goes a long way. After you take the valve stem out and the air leaves the tube you have to squeeze the bottle in and out basically blowing the little beads into the tube a little bit at a time. They don't just pour in because they will clump together at the stem. It took me about five minutes to do one OZ. for each wheel.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:24 AM

yea i looked at the motorcycle specs, but even the small motorcycle tire is still way bigger than my skinny bike tire. i figure it would probably only need a half ounce. ill see what the company says.
i still have to wait till they get here, anyway thanks for the info
Old 10-22-2011, 10:27 AM

Here is a good video of a guy using compressed air to quickly put the dynabeads in the tire of his motorcycle.
Easy Install of Dynabeads in A Motorcycle Tire - YouTube
Old 10-22-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Herder View Post
I just use an ample amount of slime myself that has always worked for me. Never tried the Dynobeads.
GH. Do you find lots O Slime helps with tire ballence?