Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Talking New in NC

Hey guys,

I am a new member (why else would I be posting here?) and I have been in love with the idea of MAB's for a few years now, since I saw my first one at a giant scale Radio Control meet I attend.

A little about me: I am married with a toddler son, I design build and fly radio control planes, form 13" wingspans up to 35% scale birds. I am also an amateur radio operator, and I play (at) guitar. I have always "tinkered with stuff," and enjoy getting my hands dirty.

I just picked up my first motorized bicycle today, from a good buddy I used to rock crawl with. It started life as a Huffy Beach Cruiser, but now has been stretched 8 inches, has a mountain bike (non suspension) fork, and a 66cc China Girl. It also has a custom rear brake system, actuated by a pedal on the left side of the bike at the chain stay. Custom tensioners, and a few other touches. Right now it is mostly black, and I intend to keep with the rat rod look, but will be adding a few touches of my own.

I was gonna build my first bike, but I got this one for a tremendous price, and I have known the previous owner for many years, and have been witness to his fab-ablilities, so I knew I was getting something good.

Anyway, enough about me...I look forward to lurking and getting to know more about these cool machines!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MAB.jpg (126.9 KB, 36 views)
Old 10-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: New in NC

welcome tim to the motorized bicycle forum. Your bike looks cool and i'm sure it was nice to buy it from a trusted friend.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: New in NC

Welcome to the forum, Tim. That's a nice looking bike, If you look around here you'll be able to find answers on everything from routine maintenance through customizing.

Ride safe, and have fun.

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser