$3 homemade muffler end cap

GoldenMotor.com

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
As I posted before, my end cap fell off and got crushed by a street sweeper(curse those useless things).

I came up with a replacement that works really well and only cost me $3 to make from hardware store parts.

All it is is a fender washer with another hole drilled into it(for the exhaust) and bolted on. It works very well! Since there's no baffle tube I get a bit extra power up hills and the sound is more throaty.

There's more information about it on my blog.

daf

Mar 11, 2014
Ann Arbor
Thanks for the idea! You inspired me to come up with this:

It's made with a soup can lid because A) My muffler's stud was off center and B) I didn't have any good bits on hand to drill out an exhaust hole with. THis was made using a pair of scissors.

daf

Attachments

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
More/bigger holes will improve power a bit at the cost of more noise.
Try stacking several layers of plates with the holes not lined up perfectly. Tune size of opening by turning the plates to line up the hole better for more flow. Use thin washers between plates. It diffuses the sound more and is easy to tune with a drill. Cheap too!

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Great idea for an end cap, the backpressure really helps the torque profile of the small two strokes. Another thing I've found works well is the bottom of a carefully emptied AXE can, makes a great quick and easy cap for keeping some pot scrubbers from shooting out the end of my BMX muzzy, lol!!