Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Ex Scooter Guy

Hello guys, I been lurking here for a while now. I was into classic bicycles several years ago, then mtn bikes, and then I messed around with racing Honda Elite scooters/mopeds. I found a 53 Panther frame last week and was pondering a build. I was looking at a Honda GX120, and a Ezm for the trans. Seems like they make more hop up parts for the GX120 rather than the GX100 Any chance I could mate the GX120 with its 3/4"x2-5/16" keyed shaft to fit the Ezm? Also you think that engine would fit the frame? Engine dimensions are, Height: 12.5", Depth (Less Shaft): 9.5", Width: 12.5". I know that this engine is a couple inches bigger then the HF Grayhound which I know that Chainmaker fit in his 50 panther. I don't have the frame yet so I can't measure it. Looking forward to this build and will probably buy everything ala cart rather than a kit to get the best parts possible. Great site and thanks for all your time.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Default Re: Ex Scooter Guy

Howdy Cal, welcome. Man, that sounds like it is gonna be a great build.

Post lots of pics!
worst apocalypse ever