Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: Homemade or Altered Frames

Another thread addressed this for about 3 years, it will take you about 3 days to read it all. They had some good arguements but some were police officers. Everything out here in Cal needs to be registered, one time only for less than 20 dollars, no serial number needed. If you leave the box blank they will give you one. I'm building my own frame and if I ever get it finished thats my plan. Bikes get stolen out here ( lost 2 last year) so it might be a good idea to weld your name to the side in large letters. Good luck, building is the most fun.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Homemade or Altered Frames

Technically, if you want to build new motorcycles -- choppers, trikes, etc -- LSVs (light neighborhood vehicles), or trailers, you need to first get licensed and registered with the USDOT. This license enables you to issue 17 digit manufacturer Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs) and Manufacturer Certificates of Origin (MCOs) which are acceptable in all states and throughout the world as pre-titles to your complete vehicles.