Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Default Re: help!! no masterlink

i broke my chain today and went to tractor supply and bought a #41 chain like teddyb suggested. it fits perfect. not as heavy duty looking as the 415 but looks and feels better made. also i think i can get three chains from the one length that i got i know i can get a second one for sure. awesome find teddy
Old 04-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor

Here are some helpful chain links:

Notes on Sprockets and Chains

Azusa Engineering, Inc. Online Catalog - Roller Chain, Motorcycles, etc.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:03 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

You gave me a good idea. I just put this kit on a new frame last week and had to add a few brand new links that were left over from my original build. i will take those links off and add them to my new chain.
Thanks deacan.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Exclamation Re: help!! no masterlink

Originally Posted by bikeguy joe View Post
you can use a regular one speed bicycle chain as an emergency replacement, buy two at walmart, and you should have enough chain to replace your drive chain until you get a master link.
a one speed bicycle chain is to narrow to fit some of the 66 cc engine models 10 tooth drive sprokets. A good bike shop, which services bmx should have a 415 master link. That is where i got mine. When you install it make sure the closed end points to the engine when on top (the open end is toward the rear sproket). I made that mistake and the open end hit the bolt on my chain guard and the master came right out on the ground, chain and all!rick