The Landmark cruiser Journey begins once again.

GoldenMotor.com

BillyShears

Jul 17, 2011
tomball texas
I got this Landmark cruiser delivered free from Walmart 08/10/2011
the engine kit should arrive Monday 08/15/2011 off Ebay so far total spent
is right at $350.00 I hope it works out! Thanks for the information in your thread
kevinkrg6.

[/IMG]

aaroncooley1981

Jul 9, 2011
marshfield, mo
i can tell you right now the motor doesnt fit, you gotts get special mounts for it, the muffler also probably wont fit, but if you can overcome the little things you will have a fun project. i have one one also. you should be able to look at my gallery. its comming along.

BillyShears

Jul 17, 2011
tomball texas
I already ordered the wrong universal mount, I didn't see the spacing warning.
I think I was in too much of a hurry. I have it temporarily mounted while I wait for a round trip shipping ordeal, I noticed the muffler will need attention Why in your pics is the muffler so darkened? I like the weld idea but I don't weld... I spaced my gear as evenly as I could.
Thanks for the heads up.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Take your time and do it right. We should be able to help you solve any issues with the fit of the motor.

BillyShears

Jul 17, 2011
tomball texas
Thank you Wheelbender6 I have a few questions (1) I am posting a picture of my head and I am thinking it has a jug insert or maybe its just polished although I think I see a small lip (2) I have a rear centerpull that I am picturing where one side is way further out than the other.any help is appreciated ......Thank you

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The rear brake has small adjustment screws on both sides to help you keep them centered.
I'm not very good at engine internals. so I can't help with the first question.

7t5

Aug 19, 2011
SE Michigan
Thank you Wheelbender6 I have a few questions (1) I am posting a picture of my head and I am thinking it has a jug insert or maybe its just polished although I think I see a small lip

That cylinder bore looks stock to me. I imagine they hone them.Honing will make them shiny. The lip looks like a chamfer, but I don't know why it would be needed. Maybe to remove burrs to avoid hotspots or for better sealing.
Mine looks exactly like that.
Upon further reflection, maybe the bore is a higher quality material inserted into the jug. I can see where this would be cheaper to produce.

Last edited by a moderator:

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
The cylinder bore doesn't have any type of insert.

It has a cheap chrome coating which is quite hard, but can chip and peel.

Unfortunately you can't hone or re-bore theses heads, but they are inexpensive to replace if and when the time comes.

TiM

BillyShears

Jul 17, 2011
tomball texas
Sorry but the shipping ruins it I checked Walmart and it's 10 bucks cheaper with free shipping so even though I haven't finished the landmark I bought thr cranbrook for another day

aaroncooley1981

Jul 9, 2011
marshfield, mo
i got the site to store shipping, freeeee, oh yeah i forgot to tell you the walmart 26 in wheels are crap, you need to get better ones, your spokes will break if you keep using that rag joint. just my experiance, not saying im right.

BillyShears

Jul 17, 2011
tomball texas
Hello guys , well I got the engine mounted with an adapter from sick bike, which I had to wallow out to fit the front engine holes, and I have broke the chain one link too short
it's a 415, also not to be outdone I snapped a head bolt along with ruining the head gasket My head studs have course thread at the acorn not and fine thread for the engine any ideas on what and where to get replacement parts ?Thanks

BillyShears

Jul 17, 2011
tomball texas
Well I completed the build yesterday but no cigar on starting.
I have combed the boards for solutions and have tried the trouble shooting
recommendations, I still cant solve it. The only thing I have found is these ohm
meter resistance test readings that may be the problem

magneto test
black to white 2.5 ohm
blue to white 348 ohm

CDI test
positive lead to blue negative lead to black no activity
postitive lead to black negative to blue 7.8
positive lead in plug negative to blue 7.8
positive lead in plug negative on black 2.35

those on the cdi do not seem to be what I have read any ideas?