New to motrized bikes, considering a push trailer build.

GoldenMotor.com

The Machine Asylum

Aug 8, 2011
Oklahoma
Hello, I'm interested in seeing everyone's machines. I see motorized bikes more and more and have seen some pushers as well. Those are more like what I would want given I have a bunch of minibikes and trikes with horizontal shaft engines. I have everything I would need but the time and good weather to build one. A trip to my personal lawn edger graveyard for a frame and other parts and I should be set. Anyway I have a design in mind and it's been done already, an axle tab mounted unit rather than a seat post type. Just makes more sense to me. I have to get myself a sweet vintage cruiser first and I have a few spotted but am waiting for something with springer forks. I'll go completely through it and put fat tires and the best tubes available so I wont kill myself by being pushed along on some old nag! I'll post some pics of my edger graveyard and engine stash once I have enough posts and figure out how to navigate the site. Later........................

The Machine Asylum

Aug 8, 2011
Oklahoma
That's some good info, thanks Dave31! I'm going to have to get crackin' on my projects and decide on a cruiser for pushing. I went outside today and looked at the array of edger bases and have many choices, it was stupid hot. I keep seeing a different way of articulating the trailer and attach it but I'm pretty sure I have my design down. Time will tell......

The Machine Asylum

Aug 8, 2011
Oklahoma
Gave up looking for a cruiser since I'm too picky, one will pop up. I have an old aluminum Vertical full suspension mountain bike I'm going to use. A push trailer will push it and I already have it so it's a no brainer. Got a HF 6.5 blue clone today along with a 1970 K&S Hornet minibike and I just cant bring myself to use an OHV in it. I have a few Tecumseh engines for that. I do however think the blue clone is too much engine for my push trailer, and since I can barely pedal due to health I plan on a 3.5 briggs for reliability. So soon the build will start, well once the temp drops below 100 degrees daily I will. I went back to a seatpost mount because I've devised a very good hinge setup IMO that I will soon share with you guys. Plus a quick release system, controls and all. I will post again when I have some actual progress. The Machine Asylum Out!