Need Help ASAP! Cranks?

GoldenMotor.com

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
Hey guys! It's been a month of screwing around with my bike, but I'm finally gonna get it working! I found a chop shop who will machine new mounts for my bike so that the engine lines up correctly.

I may, however, need more pedal clearance.

I have a schwinn landmark cruiser.

Which crankset would you reccomend? Kings has a full set (for like $50, meh), but does kings have good service?

Most importantly, are all bicycle cranks a standard size? If I buy a replacement wide pedal crank, will it fit?

THANKS GUYS!

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
Pedal clearance. He's moving the engine over so that the sprocket lines up, so I need to give him more pedal clearance.

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
If you're not into heating and bending your stock crank out, (or do that until your parts come in :p)

I found these but they say out of stock till mid july still:
Should contact them and see what's up.
Wide Crank Pedal Kit [4S-CDS-WCPK] - $29.99

SBP has conversion kits to switch to a 3-piece:
you'd need the adapters and a cartridge- different widths different prices
-or the conversion kit if you have a shaft you can use
Sick Bike Parts LLC - Performance parts for your motorized bicycle

I've heard nothing bad about Kings, but haven't dealt with them personally(yet), sorry.

gl.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
You know, when I'm not looking for them, I keep running across wide-crank kits. I would venture to say there's a few out there to choose from. Take some measurements and do some poking around online. They should start popping up for you.

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
Thanks guys. I bought a kit from RAW.

Allen_Wrench, I already shopped around. I was simply wondering if anyone had suggestions as to which vendor would be best.