Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default vibration

i have a 2stroke GRUBEE 2010 SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc Angle Fire Slant Head Bike Motor and i've had it for a month and have been able to ride at about 30mph with no problems but now anything over 20-23 mph i fell like a milkshake! anyone with any ideas on what i should check?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: vibration

Motor mounts.
The only thing in my garage with 4 wheels is the lawnmower
Old 07-26-2011, 12:06 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

...And a muffler bracket might help too. But motor mounts first. I don't know if anybody here ever had the motor break free and fly off, but it can't be a pretty sight.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 07-26-2011, 02:31 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

The GT5!
I Have A Gt5, on one of my bikes:
I put an Extra seat Post all the way to the bottom. I Measured and then made my choice. Cause once you put it in it is not coming out. I used a pipe cutter to get that clean cut. Then I used a rubber mallet, hit your seat post on top of it, to pound it down, of corse take the seat off 1st. It double thickins the Frame seat post tube where the motor mounts to. It helped a bit.
Here is one of my bikes on Youtube it has a double seat post but you cannot see it unless you take the seat & post off & get a flashlight and look down in there yes it helps to make it more solid: