Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Hills are evil!

Originally Posted by The_Aleman View Post
Oh man, the ol stop sign before a hill. That is kinda evil on the part of road designers IMO lol..think about going down that!

When I was a crazy dumb teen pedalhead, I used to climb a huge hill once a week: Harwood Rd, starting at Los Gatos Blvd in San Jose/Los Gatos. it was easy to get anyone's 26" cruiser or MTB to 37-45, let alone road bikes to the 50+ club coming down Harwood. I made it to the 60MPH club there, and we had no motors lol We were too cool to wear helmets back then too!

The hill went down at almost a 30 degree angle for 1/3 of a mile, and then there was a dip at the bottom where it climbed back up for a little hill, which it then went a good half mile before a light a total distance of a mile from the top. At the top of this little hill there was a stop sign. Then ofc it went back down. There was no way any of us who rode that hill down were going to stop at that stop sign, just pedaling you could be north of the 30 mark by then
Man, I live near your area in NorCal. Had no idea there was anyone else into motorized bicycles around here. Nice.

But yeah in terms of boost bottles, do they actually work?

Last edited by geoldr; 07-19-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Boost bottles do work. If you design it to were the whole thing including the hose is the same CC.'s as your motor. They also need to be mounted so the outlet of the bottle points down.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Wow really geoldr? I see at least one other every day here in Marin/Napa. But I guess this is where mtn. biking began so there's a huge wealth of bicycle resources and everyone's just kinda looking for that next "it" thing right now! Seems like I'm the only 4-stoke enthusiast in my area however...