Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Hello from a noob

Originally Posted by Mannhouse51 View Post
Hello joshfan. I ride my motorbike to work a lot. Kinda fun getting outta work and taking the scenic way home. The thing paid for itself in gas savings in 2 months..and thats kinda nice. Welcome!
Thanks for the welcome, I would like to but if i can't I am sure I can find other ways to save some money.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Custom MB Buiilder
Thumbs up Re: Hello from a noob

Hi josh Welcome to The Forum. I have been riding the same Brand New Bike with a Brand New Kit on it for three years. I ran out of gas and had to peddle some, but I was having too much fun. If you keep an eye on your bike, take care of it, No telling how long it will last. You will love this way of transportation. Were here to help, just ask.
Only Bikers know why dogs love to stick their heads out of car windows,
Old 07-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Hello from a noob

Originally Posted by flatblack View Post
15-18 miles round trip or one way? Either way, make sure you've got a loaded tool bag...that's all I gotta say.

Plus, it all depends on your route...Northern Virginia 15-18 miles...never. Indiana 15-18 miles...possible.
I have to agree. Be ready to change tubes and tighten things up.

I carry a small and somewhat heavy tool bag in my backpack and also have a front bag holding a Heavy Duty tube as well as a small under the seat bag with a thin tube and a reflective vest. Might as well be seen on the side of the road.
I have had two flats since I have been riding this motorized bicycle and both events cut the tube in a way that slime or patches wouldn't make a difference. I do have a patch kit as well.

I would rather have a relaxed experience by knowing I can handle the simple repairs and adjustments than have stress over something breaking.

I know someone who rode 12 miles on a rim because they refused to carry tools or tubes. Needless to say it's about a new rim now for him. An expensive way to make fun of those carrying weight of tubes and tools.