Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default What's next? The Grand Scheme

So about 4 years ago I got into motorized biking with a Honda Advantedge 49cc rear scrubber kit from Dimension Edge. Put it on a Specialized full suspension downhill and now I want a completely different setup.

I really enjoy the torque of the 4 stroke, but the friction drive slip is limiting my grins. The output shaft is super long and not keyed for a clutch. I wanted a vintage board tracker when I first started all this but thought it was out of reach. Now my financials have slightly changed and believe I can produce a tracker that will satisfy my dream.

I have bought a Worksman, and plan on modifying it for the EZM kit. Is there a good thread for specific info on this particular kit, full motor specs and requirements for fit? etc. I have searched and discovered a stretch or drop loop bottom tube modification will be required for clearance.

Are there similar 4 stroke kits that will easily drop into the frame of a Worksman. I'd like to avoid big modifications and using a 2-stroke if possible.

Last edited by SlickmisterN; 07-12-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Default Re: What's next? The Grand Scheme

From what I hear the EZM will not fit a Worksman. This opinion is just that. I believe forum memberTad Bit Tipsy wants to do the same thing, put a four stroke into a Worksman. I hear the EZM fits a Schwinn just fine.