Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: The "If I knew then what I know now" Thread

I would not have put my china girl on my Gary Fisher. I would have Craig Listed or Freecycled a bike to build on. It was too nice a bike to tear up with an engine. Why put an engine on a nice light bike fitted for me, when an old Huffy with a heavy steel frame some one is giving away will work just fine.
"The Ice King is lame because he hides his ninja love"
-Finn the Human
Old 07-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

In my experience.. I wouldnt have passed up on those junker above 30cc wacker engines, especially the Echos that had less then 200 hours on them of the SRM-265 t variety.

We all live with a do and learn mentality but **** I guess I was just lucky with my set up and Zero dollar build.
ITs about how far your imagination can take you and your ability to imagine and put into production be it one off or mass quantities.
Three of my heros... Edison- ten thousand time for the light bulb then finally got it right, conviction
Ford- imagination to make things affordable,Passion
Tucker- Made a car way ahead of its time from helicopter engines- a light that turns when you turn the steering wheel innovation lexas got nothing on Tucker
Think about it...
Old 07-14-2011, 08:56 PM

Hmmmm I did a lot of research before I built up my bike. I think the only thing I would have done different would have been to use ThatsDax for all my equipment.

The first guy I bought stuff was okay, but nothing like the personalized attention I am getting from the guys at Dax.

My second build will be a rear mounted chain drive kit from Dax, I have a disc rear hub on the bike I will be building up, so I will be going with a sprocket that mounts right to the hub.

It's gonna be a minimalist build- pretty much if I don't need it to operate the bike-it's not going to be installed....I want to see how light I can get with a motorized bicycle.
If some's good...more is better and too much ain't enough.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:49 AM

Would have stayed clear of grubee garbage, Also, I spent over $700 on my first commuter bike. It was a tricked out cranny with a 66cc grubee. It looked cool ( actualy, I still have it and rode it to work today) but after spending so much money trying to make that bike fast and reliable, I then realised that im fine cruising at 25 to 30 mph and I later got a R/S eho35 on a friction drive kit from dax, and there is no going back. Sure, I build all kinds of bikes for others, some selling for more then $1500, but when im going out to ride? I take the simple eho35 bike. The point to this story?
Before you spend any money on a setup, please take the time to think about what you want it for and dont fool yourself into thinking that you will be able to rely on a cheap bike with a cheap china girl for day in day out transportation.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

I would have never spent the extra $20 to "upgrade" to a CNS carb. Get the carb that comes with the kit then replace it with a DAX. I would get rid of the petcock filter and rely on the inline filter I used. I would replace the chinese spark plug wire from the getgo. Took me a while to find out it screwed with my speedometer.