My new OP Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Three of us rode 38 miles on our o/p cruisers sunday afternoon, on a stop we were looking at the seat post angle differance. None of the three are the same, I was wondering if the person doing the welding at the factory is cutting corners by not using a jig or do they just " eye ball it ".

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
MikeN
I'll try to get a list up in the next day or so.

My next addition to the bike is a custom stainless steel gas tank that a buddy of mine who is a fabricator is building for me. It will go directly below the stock gas tank that comes with the kit just right below the top bar. So my stock gas tank will be eliminated here real soon. You can see in my photo that I have a blacked out piece there now. The gas tank will be that shape and size and fill that empty space. Due to the top bar...I will have a gas fill offset to the right of the top bar. Should look real nice I hope.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Three of us rode 38 miles on our o/p cruisers sunday afternoon, on a stop we were looking at the seat post angle differance. None of the three are the same, I was wondering if the person doing the welding at the factory is cutting corners by not using a jig or do they just " eye ball it ".
Thats pretty interesting, but not to suprising. Quality Control is a dirty word in Chineese.lol

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
lookin very nice, roo... that tank sounds like it'll be awesome. how do you plan on mounting it to the frame? can't wait to see pics of it. hey, you had mentioned something about tryin to get ppl togther for a ride on one of the spoon river drive weekends in another thread (never could find it again) we gotta try to do that... sounds like a good time

bug... i'm just about done with my second build as well (i should have a coupla pics up soon) curious to see how urs turned out .... bet its nice

we oughta form an op roller support group or somethin...
oh wait, this is the op roller support group LOL

d:~{>

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Would love to see a parts and supply list of what you used on your bike!
BGF 66cc HT engine kit with 41tooth sprocket.
OP Roller 26" Cruiser Bicycle
Chrome Springer front forks with optional 10 1/4" head tube
6volt 3amp chrome bullet style light kit
26" Black fender kit
BGF Extended Chrome muffler
Chrome rear rack
Bell Tube style tool bag
Classic style spring seat
New stainless steel gas tank currently being fabricated
Also have a turn signal kit that I have yet to install

If there is a specific item you would like a link to...I would be happy to post that as well if I can remember where I bought it.LOL

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Geezer

The new tank will be mounted to the frame much like the stock tank does. My buddy will weld stainless all thread to the bottom of the tank and straps will then be used to loop around the bottom set of bars to keep the tank in place. The gas fill willbe off set to the right side and the gas valve will go inbetween the two smaller lower bars.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Finally getting around to getting my new tank made. A buddy is building it for me and I dry fitted it here to see how it is going to fit. Looks like it is going to work out fine after he does a bit more work to finish it up.

Attachments

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I like the way your bike is turning out, the OP cruiser is a stronger bike then most think. The tank looks good in the frame; Are you painting it to match? I have an OP myself, I'm getting it ready to house the Honda/EZM kit.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Thanks for the compliment. I will probably leave the tank natural stainless. I don't think stainless probably takes paint real well, but I kinda like the natural look.

whisker chasin

Feb 23, 2011
Hernando,MS
Great looking bike ya got there!

The in-frame tank looks 100x better than the kit tank. Your buddy has skills.
Do you think he'd build another, and if so how much?

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I don't want to speak for him, but I will ask him when I see him next if he has any interest in building another. With the tank being stainless steel and with the time he had involved in building mine...I imagine it wouldn't be cheap. I am a mason and did a bit of work on his basement and he in turn built me this very nice stainless fuel tank during his breaks at the shop he works at. So he may not want to give up all his breaks at work to spend that time building fuel tanks for us motor bicyclist nuts, but I will ask him next time I see him.

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Looks awesome man...
i really like the silver and black contrast you got goin on throu out the bike. well done

when you ask your buddy about the the tanks let him know more than one of us may be interested :)

put a disc on my orange bike and love it... adds more than a little stopping power.
using it combined w/pedal brake, it's amazing how quick i can safely stop.

Last edited:

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Thanks for the kind words. I really like black when it is clean and I always thought silver or chrome really helps to highlight the black. The only thing I don't like about it is that it only takes sitting in the garage a few days and it looks filthy again. A lighter color would be more forgiving, but then I probably wouldn't keep the bike near as clean if it were lighter colored.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Ok...I asked my buddy about making a few more tanks during his breaks at work and he said he probably could, but they wouldn't be cheap. Probably somewhere between $100 - $200 to make it worth his while since the materials are expensive and his time is valuable. I suppose it depends upon the size of tank and shape your bike requires. I had to make him a cardboard template of what my bike required and also provide him with other measurements. So if that don't scare you off and you really really want a custom made stainless steel fuel tank...you can email me at [email protected] and I will give you his email address and you can contact him directly. He is a real nice and honest guy who is particular and really likes to do nice work and if you seal a deal and make arrangements for him to build you one....he will treat you right.