Who sells the most powerful 66cc engine?

GoldenMotor.com

onanysunday

Apr 21, 2011
St. Paul
Do all these kits sold by different vendors have the same HP specs? The reason I ask is because I frequently see advertised power ratings all over the map from 2.5 HP - 5 HP for the 66cc engine. Do they all share the same power specs or are some more powerful than others? Who sells the most powerful 66cc engine, what is it called and how much does it cost?

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
That's a good question. There is so much variability from the various chinese factories that make these engines that it is a crapshoot at times. I've had two engines from same manufacturer have completely different personalities.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Agreed.......totally

Yes a crap shoot for sure but most of them are pretty good for what they are If I were to guess based on the 4 I've had I'd say they are probably closer to the 1.5 -2 HP range out of the box if you dont use that super restrictive piece of junk catylatic exhaust they send with the engine kit, that is the one thing that I have found chokes these engines down the most out of the box, some "mufflers" are worse than others but none of them are worth having IMHO.

That's a good question. There is so much variability from the various chinese factories that make these engines that it is a crapshoot at times. I've had two engines from same manufacturer have completely different personalities.