Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles

Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles Forum announcements and instructions for posting on motorbicycling.com. To start a new thread choose the appropriate area. No new threads can be started in this area

Old 06-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Iphone/Android?blackberry?

oh and no special software needed usually...ask a local computer buddy
Drift trike towbike in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:26 AM

Yes you can tether with a new smartphone and android but you need to check with the cell phone company. I have t-mo and they have no way of knowing that I use my wireles hot spot on my phone untill my data usage shoots way up and then they either slow my data speed or cut my internet on the phone.

I called in to find out what happend and they asked if I used the wifi hotspot. I said yes but why shut my off it si free isn't it? They said no I have to pay $15 extra a month to have it. What a bunch of BS. Cause it never says I have to pay for it when I launch the hotspot. They said they look for the data increase greatly. Thats how they know.

So I have been slowly using more and more data and connecting my computer for a little bit and more each time and they havent shut me off. If they do I will tell the it is a smart phone and I am getting more used to it and using it more and more everyday for everything. As long as I dont download some movies or watch them thru it I should be fine.

Watch out with verizon's data in then fine print they say up to 5gigabyte limit per month and it is like some 25cents per motorized bicycle over that. I used to work Cust Service for them and have seen $1000+ bills and more from going over the data limit but they dont cut you off just keep charging.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:47 AM

I have the Droid X and i use the firefox browser. I have the Opera browser, and Skyfire browser too. I have yet to really figure out which is faster and better overall. Opera has definitely gotten alot smoother, and work way better than say a year ago. lol The default android browser just seemed way slower even though they say its the latest version. I get on the forum thru my phone quite a bit. Sometimes it takes 2-3 taps to hit buttons in the forum, i usually just zoom way in till the button is rather big on the screen and then press it, and it works. lol Overall Android is cool!!!! Their facebooks has a lonnnnnnnngggggggggggg way to go though. Still lots of bugs. My phone has a cool down program builtin cuz around the speaker, it get really warm to the touch. Im constantly using the task killer that came with it and it helps, but they just start again. It gets annoying. All these apps use up my battery quick even though i hardly use any apps. They constantly run in the background. Watch out for any app that is from China or Japan. Lots of apps are coming from that area, and they are infected. Android is taking apps off their market by the dozens cuz those are infected. For a security app, download Lookout. Its free and its the #1 security app for android, windows, and blackberrry phones, possibly others. It has been a life saver finding my phone. You can tell it to scream, wipe all data, and locate all done from any computer. When u download the app, register on their website:Lookout.com and anytime u tell it to locate, it send u an email with a map showing the exact location. Within like 24 meters. Also, another tip, using the 3g or 4g on your phone uses less battery power than using wifi. Wifi drains your battery quicker. All apps will usually eat away at your battery power really quick...like 30 minutes youll have 15%. lol

The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon. - George Washington

I'm Jesse James
Semper Fidelis

Last edited by James912; 06-03-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:12 AM

On my ghetto non-smartphone I can pick up this forum without a hitch, but the other forum refuses to load.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J96gcKODYJY
Old 06-06-2011, 02:22 AM

The other one use to load up better then this one on my old phone thats weird.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:07 PM

Hey, um has anyone figured out how to post pics from a android? The menu won't let me select the image thing
Old 01-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Staff

Charlie, I had not thought about it. There must be a way. I have been emailing pics to my self then posting.

Found a bunch of ways to upload directly to facebook and photobucket. Nothing yet on to a forum.

Photobucket: Upload Photos From Your Cell Phone!

Great question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 01-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Staff

found this;

http://photobucket.com/mobile/apps/android/#android

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 01-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Even i have a iphone 4 and i like its touch sensitive very much, but apart from that, android market is taking over it now a days.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

No smartphone but I have an Android Pandigital SuperNova media tablet with the Firefox browser.. Should be easy to log in and participate on my tablet. I'll have to check it out and see.