Hello

GoldenMotor.com

Madnessx9

May 10, 2011
London
Hello!

New to this hobby

Could someone point me to the newbie section or what I should start looking at first :D

Been browsing for a while but found nothing concrete on were to start.

I have this bike

Would this work? I have the option of salvaging some wider wheel'd bikes from my mums boyfriends which he is not using.

found some nice kits on ebay for about £120

I'm assuming normal motorcycle laws are taken into account for this hobby? (uk based)

cheers!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum Madnessx9, glad you joined us.

For the Chinese 2-stroke kit looks like you are okay with that bike. Really don't know what the law is in the UK for Motor Assisted Bicycles.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Mad, welcome.

Dunno for sure about U.K. laws but I learned the hard way, even well intentioned folks might give you bad legal advise and I can only suggest going right to the horse's mouth.
London DMV - Google Search

Good luck and again, welcome!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Mad.
We actually don't have a section exclusively for newbies to the hobby. There is a search feature (Google Search) at the top of the page that can offer you help and advice with any subject you can think of. Just use key words like, 'chain tensioner' and you'll find plenty to read.
We do have other members from the UK so maybe one of them will chime in with some input as far as your legalities are concerned.
Good luck, ride safe.
Tom