Helpful hint's for water transfers.
VARNISH TRANSFER APPLICATION
Motorcycle restoration decals are either adhesive backed stickers with a peel-off backing, or more likely, traditional varnish transfers.
Successful application of the original type English varnish transfers requires timing and attention to detail.
Most have been replicated in modern pressure-sensitive from, but varnish transfers are still in circulation.
If you are a purist, and you have found original type transfers for your machine, the following will be of great interest to you.
FIXING TRANSFERS WITH VARNISH
1. Cover transfer with thin, even coat of quick drying varnish.
2. Wait until varnish is tacky.
3. Place transfer on article where required.
4. Press transfer very firmly in place, peel away first paper.
5. Wet the bottom paper until it slips off.
6. Carefully clean transfer with Tarps, leave to dry.
7. Varnish transfer and article completely.
If you know of anyone who sells vintage style gas tank or Head Tube Badges please share it here.
Here's another company that has Classic / Vintage MotorBike Transfers see below Link.
Classic Transfers - Catalogues
P.S.You could contact these folks----they sell almost every type of decal Harley ever used.
They even have the very rare confederate decals for the gas tanks and front fender braid for 1977 only Confederate Edition Harley-Davidson.
J & M COLLECTIBLES
JIM & MARY GODWIN
7172 RT 707
PO BOX 166
MENDON, OH 45862-0166
mon tue wed fri 9-8