Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Default Re: Ready to pull the trigger

actually, i have attached a rear hand brake to a cranbrook. the cranbrook is my current bike. i no longer have the handbrake, but never had any problems with the coaster brake. its not the curvature of the down tube, but rather its diameter, that poses a problem. here is how i solved it. i took a seat post, bolted it to the front engine mount. so its as if the seat post is the down tube. you may need a rubber shim for the seat post, as it may be slightly smaller than the engine mount. i then purchased a 2" exhaust clamp from my local auto parts store, and clamped the seat post to the bike frame. trust me, it works. however, i recently purchased a new engine from lucky early bird on ebay. $75, plus 15 for shipping. when i pulled the engine out of the box, i discovered that the front engine mount will fit the cranbrook's oversized down tube with no modification. i do not know if their kits come with the same engine, but it is as simple as asking them if you would like to know for yourself. i believe the cranbrook makes a fine mb. i have been riding mine for almost a year, and the bike has held up better than the engines i've used, lol.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: Ready to pull the trigger

I don't know. I already have the new schwinn. I was told hand brakes were important. I wish there was some sort of resource where you could find out what engine kits go best with what bikes and what accessories you'll need to be safe.