Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Advice on what motor to buy

i am going to be building a board track racer style bike and was wondering what motor kit i should get for 250 or under. either that of what motor+parts i should get. im getting a rolling chassis from imperial cycles so i dont need a tank or sproket. i know ill need a motor, carb, ignition coil, chain, motor mount....but what else.

thanks guys.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Advice on what motor to buy

The answer/answers to the questions you asked here all depend on what you are wanting.

1. do you want a 2 stroke set up

2. do you want a 4 stroke set up

3. do you plan to fabricate parts and pieces..... mounts ect.

I can tell you that you will probably not find an engine kit for the $250 or under you have to spend unless you go with a China Girl 2 stroke kit off ebay or even better has a Starfire Grubee Kit on sale right now for $150 and then you can do some other upgrades to it with the extra $80+ you'll have left, like maybe an expansion chamber exhaust from Sick Bike Parts or when you order the kit from pirate go ahead and get one of the Manic Machanic Ported intakes too, and with a couple other mods you should have a very nice running engine.

Just my advice and opinions here nothing more nothing less.........

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: Advice on what motor to buy

Just beware of Kings your better off to stay away unless you have a ton of time to wast !!!!!!!!