48cc starfire 48cc china bores and rings

GoldenMotor.com

leezy_1

Oct 15, 2010
manchester
hi to all who knows.

does anyone have any idea if the piston and rings are the same of the china and the starfire..??

thanks...

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
The only motor that's really any different is the Grubee Super Rat even then most of the components interchange. They are, however, upgraded with the better bearings and seals right from the start. Bigger ports on the jug, too.

Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be able to get one myself :)

leezy_1

Oct 15, 2010
manchester
i find it a better build than the china one, i noticed the intake don't fit although the carb on this grubee just bolts up snug with no intake, and the mounts seem slightly bigger too.
i bought it of ebay very cheap as a none runner, has a few bits missing like slide needle and screw top to hold cable, plus mounts. you know where i might find these parts..????

thanks

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
The stock-type carbs are $12.95 on ebay. You can buy 3 for $25. So cheap that replacement parts are pretty much un-needed. I have seen the idle screws and springs that go with them but not much else. There are also two stock-type intakes, a welded steel one and a cast aluminum one. Pirate Cycle has a billet intake that's shorter. It can be had with port for a Boost Bottle or Nitrous injection, the quickest way to burn down one of these motors. (not the Boost Bottle, the Nitrous)

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
look to your right on this page and click on the THATS DAX link, and then click on the parts link then scroll down to bottom of page and click on page 4 scroll down and you will see the needle & clip assy. for $3.99

QUOTE=leezy_1;277669]i find it a better build than the china one, i noticed the intake don't fit although the carb on this grubee just bolts up snug with no intake, and the mounts seem slightly bigger too.
i bought it of ebay very cheap as a none runner, has a few bits missing like slide needle and screw top to hold cable, plus mounts. you know where i might find these parts..????

thanks[/QUOTE]