Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Cruiser Bicycles

Motorized Cruiser Bicycles The beach cruiser has always been great bicycles to motorize. They just look good with a motor. Use this section to share and discuss about motorizing this classic.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Beginner fork and handlebar question

i did a search and found this

There may be one other way. I am not sure of how an Apollo is set up or made, if you can take the stem bolt completely out then try this. Turn the bike upside down with a way to support it from the handlebars from touching anything, spray it again with Liquid Wrench, find a wooden dial rod long enough to fit all the way down inside the fork tube to touch the bottom of the stem/wedge. Also make sure the dial rod is wide enough in diameter to just fit inside. From this point take a rubber mallet and hit it a few times. Turn it over again tap where the stem bolt would go. Repeat these processes a few times. My view is that if the wedge is not being held in place by the bolt and only by rust/corrosion then it will come free.

from here Frozen stem - Bicycle Repair Forums

and it worked. Unfortunately, i was so focused on removing the fork that I din't compare the head tubes of each bike. I found out the harder way that they aren't compatible. Darn.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited by fett; 04-29-2011 at 03:57 PM.