Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Why are these so fun?

I think I can speak for quite a few members here who have been involved with some form of motor sport for most of their lives. Some have flown airplanes, driven boats, cars and motorcycles, none of which are getting any cheaper or less restricted by legislation.

There is a certain attraction to taking a vehicle as innocous as a bicycle and altering it to end up with a means of transportation that is unlike most of what you see out there.

They, motorized bicycles, offer a way to get from point A to point B in a way that is fun, inexpensive and attracts attention in mostly a positive way. Just consider the reaction that most people have to your bike and compare it with what you might get with a motorcycle or the latest thing from Detriot or Tokyo. They are completely unique and conjure up memories of our youth when sticking playing cards in the spokes or making engine sounds with our mouths was the closest we could get to motorized bicycling.

Every now and then I'll steal a clothespin from my wife, take a couple of cards from a deck and clamp them to my fork and pedal down the street. When I reach the bottom of the hill and have to pedal uphill to get back home I just let out the clutch lever and 'Varoom' a real engine starts and I'm doing what I always fantasized I could do when I was eight or nine years old.
What other means of transportation could offer me that?
Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"
Old 04-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Most of the guys on this board seem to think of their motorized bicycles as little motorcycles. I think of mine as a fast bicycle.

I am a life-long bicycle addict. I love bicycling. My motorized bicycle with its little 32cc motor still feels like a bicycle. I pedal it just like a bike. I get the joy of riding and pedaling a bike with the added fun of zipping around faster than any bicycle should be able to go.

I love the speed! Without a motor I pedal at 15 mph on the flat. With the motor I go twice as fast - 30 to 32 mph. Pedaling up a big long hill, I will have a long hard struggle at 6 - 8 mph. On my MB, I zip up the hill at a fast and easy 25 mph. Hills are hard on my pedal bike On my MB, hills are easy!

I love being the fastest bike on the road. Iím 68 years old now, but I can easily pass any of fast strong young bikers that I find on the road. I can pass them like theyíre hardly moving. Makes me feel like superman.

I love the extra distance that I can cover! A 50-mile ride is a long tiring ride on my pedal bike. On my MB, I can ride 100 miles in less time, I wonít be nearly as tired, and Iíll still be ready to ride more.

Itís just fun!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

Without even reading any of these responses... Motorized bicycles tap into the child in every one of us who always wanted to put a engine on our bicycle as a kid!!

I have a bad a$$ full custom Harley Davidson in my garage, & I love riding these little bikes as much as I can!
For motorized bicycle sales, service & engine kits in Los Angeles, please visit us at-

Follow VMB on facebook>>>

Follow VMB on Instagram>>>

Last edited by Venice Motor Bikes; 04-28-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

I like them because they are light weight and nimble. My scooter weighs 650 lbs. It's good for for going down the freeway.

The motorbikes weigh what 65 lbs? 10%.

Good for going around the neighboorhood. I'm going to get some baskets too. That will be good for going to the grocery / hardware stores.

Yeah, these things are a kick and there's really nothing quite like riding a motorbike.
The only thing in my garage with 4 wheels is the lawnmower
Old 04-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

It's the only hotrod I could afford.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"

fun, glee, joyous, madness