Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:58 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Hi from New Jersey! (Whizzer NER)

Good Day
I have a common concern. I'm asking for feedBack and I'll keep my story brief.

Here's a copy of the Letter I sent Jan 13, 2015, to Raymond P Martinez, Chief Administrator of NJ MVC.

Raymond P. Martinez, Chairman and Chief Administrator, NJ MVC
NJ Motor Vehicles Commission
225 East State St.
Trenton, NJ 08666

Dear Raymond P. Martinez January 13, 2015

On July 10, 2014, I started the process to title, insure and register my two home-made Mopeds. I submitted all necessary documents to the office of re-constructed vehicles, MVC in Trenton.
After my paperwork “received approval,” I received a call from that office and agreed to have my home-made Mopeds inspected at the Westfield, NJ inspection site.

I took my Mopeds for inspection to the Westfield NJ inspection site, on Monday 20 and Tuesday October 21, 2014.
After the Mopeds were inspected, two Inspectors on site intimated approval with a smile and a nod that my Mopeds passed inspection. I asked for the inspection reports, and was told that my paperwork would be forwarded to the office of re-constructed vehicles in Trenton for titling.

I left Westfield believing the Mopeds were in compliance with the law.
A month later, on November 17, 2014 I called re-constructed vehicles again and inquired about titles for the two Mopeds. I was disappointed to learn that Westfield inspection hadn’t sent the inspection reports.

I called Westfield inspection at least five times that week before I got to speak with a supervisor, I was informed that my Mopeds will not get titled to ride on public streets in NJ.

The Supervisor did not satisfactorily answer my questions pertaining to “what about the two Mopeds failed inspection?” Then, after more phone conversations the inspection reports were sent to the re-construction office in Trenton.

After all of the above, all of my paperwork has been returned to me, including the inspection reports.

Across the face of both inspection reports is hand written, “Do Not Title Bicycle.”

I believe my home-made Mopeds to be road-worthy and I want each to become street-legal in NJ.

Further, I believe that my case has been mishandled.

Respectfully, I'm asking for a formal review of my case?
Thank you for your consideration,

Daniel Entriken

CC: Robert L. Mulligan Esq.
65 Route 4 East River Edge NJ 07661
Old 01-24-2015, 02:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Hi from New Jersey! (Whizzer NER)

My two home-made mopeds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0755.jpg (277.5 KB, 28 views)