Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:44 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default ready built rims

I'm looking for some affordable rims that are made for a star fire application and wondering if there are any made with the left rear drive sprocket already intact, would also like to know if there is an affordable tank i can mount behind my seat. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:53 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: ready built rims

specialized gear for our bikes generally isn't cheap. grubee makes some heavy duty wheels with a built in sprocket and breaks.

alternatively theres worksman wheels and a sprocket adapter.

neither are cheap though, but the worksman wheels are absolutely fantastic, and sprocket adapters make installing sprockets a cake walk. the grubee wheels i have no experience with but i doubt they're as good, probably cheaper though.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:33 PM
Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker

Interesting questions. My first set of heavy duty wheels were from Husky. I used the black anodized aluminum wheels with the Shimano 110 coaster brake. They are good wheels and with the Shimano 110 hub engine side sprocket adapters are readily available. Keg tanks are also available. It seems some guy around here had both available. A little pricey maybe, but very high quality stuff!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

i have the grubee wheel and i think its great im 260 lbs and i have been riding for a while on it with no problems with all other set ups your still using a standard hub but with the grubee you get 2" sealed bearing in the hub .sproket bolts on perfect and you get a extra brake i just think its worth the money because that seems like the main weak point and i priced every type and there is not much differance i think its the way to go .... my set up is on a cruiser