Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: builders

Build one and take it down to the D.U.I. school. Park it with a big sign that says, "No drivers license needed" and you'll sell it!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:26 PM

i knew nothing at all about motors, or how they worked when i got my first kit. i straight winged it!lol(and it went well) if you can read, use common sense and having the right tools helps. i think almost anyone can install a china kit on a bike.

i have alot of fun on my bike. iv bought 3 kits total, and used one to build my friend a bike. i think i can speak for him here and say, he enjoys his bike alot more with a motor on it.. if you have the know how already, and a bike. whats the $200 to give it a try,right??

they are, for the most part cheep to fix. and if you know what your doing, can fix most to all problems yourself. you can install them in under 10hours. even take your time to do it all right. and all the aftermarket parts are really nice. makes it easy to adapt your bike to where you are riding.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:53 PM

I agree with everything that has been said. Building a motorized bike, discovering the flaws, and correcting those flaws is an almost zen experience. I for one disrespect the people who make craigslist ads talking about motorized bicycles which they mill out without testing or knowing what they are doing. we will like you much more if you go through the same initiation we all have gone through and become a knowledgeable builder of motorized bikes by working hard to get your own personal bike to run well This is generally not a money making hobby. I usually lose money. Only a few of us have gained from this, and they are the lucky ones