Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default electric starter install

Has anyone added an electric starter to there engine? I have a HF 52cc engine and want to add a starter to it. Besides getting the starter is there other parts I need, besides the battery of course. Do you take off the pawl and just bolt it on oris it more complicated then that? I haven't found anything on the web that explains things.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: electric starter install

Depends on what you have as a generator and how it is set up.

I actually have plans to attach a generator to a GHX50. (just posted it actually) I wanted to skip all the trouble of attaching the generator to the engine block face to face by using a belt. My idea uses a timing pulleys and a ribbed belt. This eliminates the need for a pull starter, so I will discard it. If you need help with the actual start / generate power circuit I could dig it up for you. Basically you need a voltage regulator and a few switches, 12volt lead acid battery...