Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Gas Cap

Hi Guys, Here's one for Ya, went for a ride last nite and thought I ran out of gas I had half tank left but could not get gas flow to the carb, pulled the gas line and nothing until I took the gas cap off then it just poured out, put the cap back on and nothing no flow so I rode home with the cap off got home put it back on and no flow, what up with this, is it a venting problem, I need help with this one, Thanks, Mike
Old 02-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Gas Cap

it is a venting problem , the rubber ring at the top of the cap can be lifted and you should see a small hole there, if i remember right i read some people didn't have that hole for what ever reason, so they drilled a small hole in the cap themselves, but i could be wrong, i didn't pay too much attention since i hadn't had the problem myself, i'll see if i can find you some links but from what i read that definitely sounds like a venting issue.

edit: here ya go this is the thread i was reading before