Hello

GoldenMotor.com

Albatross77

Jan 31, 2011
NNSW Australia
auflg Hello everyone! Just built a motorised bike about 8 weeks ago going good. Grubee Skyhawk 48cc on an ancient roadmaster frame brnot Done hundreds of kilometres now and find riding on the beach a bit quicker and safer than the road (although sometimes not as exciting).The only mistake I have made so far is getting a wireless speedo (the coil throws to much spark). Just installed a wired one and works fine now. Was looking for a cruiser with front suspension. I bought a new bike today because it was cheap and looked good. Turns out its a OCC schwinn stingray chopper in good condition (6 months old)! It will be a few weeks till its delivered and probably a few more weeks till I get my engine on it . It will be good to get rid of the old rustbucket it has served me well and I will still need it for a while yet. I like to travel on the beach and hope I still can with the chopper. I will update photos as I build. Hope to get some good step by step shots. Would appreciate any advice at all especially on how to mount the engine. laff

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. Heck, I kind of like that rust patina on your first bike. Gives it character :)
Have fun, ride safe. Oh, and rinse that new chopper with fresh water after a beach ride or it'll look like your old one in just a couple of weeks.
Tom

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Welcome to THE Forum. Sure hope you have better luck riding in sand than I have had! I have on OCC and the front wheel don't like sand at all! Were to help, just ask (c)

Albatross77

Jan 31, 2011
NNSW Australia
Was thinkin about the front wheel in the sand. I wonder if theres a fatter tire i can fit to the front for beach cruising? Maybe BMX wheel? Its just so hard to resist the beach. Too much fun!