hello from down under

GoldenMotor.com

rockabilly dan

Jan 25, 2011
adelaide south australia
hi all from the land of OZ, relatively new to MB's, but have built my first, well put together, not a patch on some of the custom one-offs i have seen here, but hey, we all gotta start somewhere.

already been cautioned by the police, and now have to pull the motor and detune from 1100watts to 200watts to avoid confiscation.

look forward to seeing and reading about others rides.

rockabilly dan

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Dan, welcome. Beautiful build. Bummer about the police!

Comes up a lot. Way back I suggested to one of your country man that perhaps petitioning local legislators? Just a thought. With the state of things, is a good time. They are "green", economic etc.

"Brothers from Down Under Motor Bike" party

(Maybe not. Has a really unfortunate acronym)((Funny, but unfortunate))

auflg

rockabilly dan

Jan 25, 2011
adelaide south australia
hey Dan, yeah "BDUMB" isnt a great name to call yourself, lol, thanks for the welcome, i have already thought of that, but we have 6 states and 2 territories in AUS, and they all have the 200watt restriction, so without going to the top, ie: prime minister of australia, who happens to be a woman, and a south australian now, (hey maybe it is worth the effort, & i actually went to high school with her too), my local minister for transport probably wont even reply, have also considered organising a rally, or even a "death race" get together, to see if i can drum up support, cos 1hp aint gonna kill anyone, will have to come up with a better acronym though, lmao.

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
(hey maybe it is worth the effort, & i actually went to high school with her too).
I gotta know, when in highschool did she ever wear a black AC/DC shirt with "Julz" on the back along with a pair of black stretch levi jeans and ugg boots? Pleeeeease say she did LOL...Welcome to the forum, the 200watt rule bites ass don't it...

KiM

rockabilly dan

Jan 25, 2011
adelaide south australia
well kim, she was a couple years ahead, so she was probably the prefect telling us off, and yeah i can see the ac/dc shirt, with julz in sequence sewn on, with the black jeans, but it would have been rome sandshoes, or ripples, depending if you were a surfie or a rocker.