Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Electric Bicycle Forum > Electric Bicycles, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles

Electric Bicycles, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles Electric bicycles are quiet and efficient form of transportation for general commuting.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default 24v & 36v Elc. motors

Schwinn GT, Mongoose and Izip, 350 w for the 24's and 450w for the 36, $20 and 24 bucks All Electronics | Electronic and Electro-Mechanical Parts and Supplies at Discount Prices
DCM-1352
" 1350
" 1353
" 636----36v
DCM-1250 24v

Twist throttle for Elc. bike
TXL-2 $12.75
Old 01-27-2011, 08:08 AM
minor bike philosopher

Default Re: 24v & 36v Elc. motors

I'm sorry is this a shopping list? They are fair prices yes....Check them against TNCScooters.com I think they are abut the same for the odds and ends. You need a controller as well and those are for scooters and suitable for friction drive. I tried them on chain drive and they are anemic or melt down of course i tend to expect too much from them. Carrying my blubber butt uphill for instance.

Last edited by deacon; 01-27-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

No shopping list, just info if somebody wanted it.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:33 PM
minor bike philosopher

one can never have too much information. I have bought from those guys and they are honest which is about the best we can hope for. Tnc has really good prices on most things. Ebay now and then does if you know what you are looking at. Most of the really into it E guys don't like brushed motors. They are all about the hub motors.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon View Post
. Most of the really into it E guys don't like brushed motors. They are all about the hub motors.
Correct brushless is superior in every way... but, not all are into hub motors, ever increasing amount run motored chain drive setups.

KiM
Old 02-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

I have 3 -12v panasonic 17ah/20ar batteries and want to use them as my powersource for an electric bicycle . what electric motor and motorcontroller do i use? I am a novice at all electrical and love finding out how to make my own stuff ( can you make your own controller for instance?) I am sure parts can be bought at radioshack somewhere and be soldered together .oi .. too many questions, please ANY help is greatly appreceated
and how about repurposing/recyclingand or modifying existing electronics to build bikes?