Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Painting - The Chop Shop

Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Painting - The Chop Shop Custom fabrication and projects, tanks, frames and more.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:53 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Default Re: Welcome To The Welding & Metalworking Forum

extremely impressed with the range of knowlage and intrest in bike building hear. THIS FORUM JUST KEEPS GIVING!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:53 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Cool Re: Welcome To The Welding & Metalworking Forum

extremely impressed with the range of knowlage and intrest in bike building hear. THIS FORUM JUST KEEPS GIVING!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

I am a highly skilled retired machinist/tool & die maker I would like to rent some time on a Bridgeport mill or any vertical mill. In or near Long Beach Calif.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Dealer

Thumbs up Re: Welcome To The Welding & Metalworking Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTW View Post
FTW, we have a saying here in the USA which reminds me of you and the type of build you are pursuing.

It's when someone is insane mentally ill.

Saying is: He's gone Postal, ie crazy, sound familiar to an Aussie?

Postie, ie the Honda CT110 riden by Australian Postal Carrier's ie Aussie mailman!

Let us know when you've started your motorized bicycle Stretch Cruiser Drag Bicycle, with the Postie engine.

C.H.

These engines work best used for motorizing the Stretch Cruisers & Chopper builds.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:31 AM

thanks Crazy Horse, your 'friend request' is the closest thing to a welcome i've gotten around here, ...so far it hasn't seemed like a very friendly place so thanks again.

...now i'll go back to lurking and studying, ...so thanks too for sharing your knowledge, you personally have posted up a fair bit of homework for me and i best get started.

...i think i'll start with your Harbor Freight thread so i'll at least have the right tools when things hit the fan.

peace, bozo
Old 04-11-2013, 02:01 AM

I buy the flap disks, grinder, an cutter wheels for my angle grinder there and there good.

My $15 tap and die set from Harbor Freight I did one 1/4 - 20 thread and the next one tried the tip of the tap was mashed.

Soft metal maybe for next time I use that. My Vermont / American (don't know if that really is made in USA) I was missing a couple of them and my friend has the same kit. I borrowed the tap and did just great putting threads in the end of the Briggs crankshaft to have extra security to keeping the clutch in place.

Whats really neat is as the engine turns it naturally self tightens. Normal Right Hand Threads on the crankshaft that comes out the left side of the engine. Engine spins counter clockwise as looking at the end of the crankshaft toward the crankcase cover.

MT
Old 05-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Dealer

Thumbs up Re: Welcome To The Welding & Metalworking Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherBozoOnABike View Post
thanks Crazy Horse, your 'friend request' is the closest thing to a welcome i've gotten around here, ...so far it hasn't seemed like a very friendly place so thanks again.

...now i'll go back to lurking and studying, ...so thanks too for sharing your knowledge, you personally have posted up a fair bit of homework for me and i best get started.

...i think i'll start with your Harbor Freight thread so i'll at least have the right tools when things hit the fan.

peace, bozo
bozo, your welcome and thanks for hanging in there with us crazies here at motorbicycling.com, you are in the right place.

Bozo, please checkout these these books from atomic zombie you don't need to have a million dollars or a million tools to build some amazing motorized bicycles, see the books below that I'm suggesting, you'll find a wealth of knowledge in them, and with some inexpensive horrible fright tools you'll be amazed at how cheap it is to build your own custom bicycles.

Here's the link to the book titled: Bike, Scooter, and Chopper Projects for the Evil Genius & Atomic Zombie's Bicycle Builder's Bonanza
http://www.amazon.com/Bike-Scooter-C...7536614&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/Atomic-Zombies...7536614&sr=1-1

Bozo, let us know what you think about this book?

Peace Crazy Horse.

These engines work best used for motorizing the Stretch Cruisers & Chopper builds.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:02 PM
Dealer

It's amazing how much this section of the forum has grown, I remember asking " Paul " If I gave him the Forum Title and what it's about he'd review it for a new section, wow time flies....It is now known as " ( Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Painting - The Chop Shop Custom fabrication and projects, tanks, frames and more. ), I've always tried to help inspire others and make this place the greatest motorized bicycling forum. I believe it still is and always will be IMO. Peace Crazy Horse.

Last edited by Crazy Horse; 09-19-2016 at 02:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-27-2016, 12:19 AM

Maybe we can fire up this thread again! Maybe also NorCal cal have some slightly less freezing nights. Soon to see about a slightly bigger and much better shape Briggs engine for my bike, and how well it works on the trails. I got a new OHV Sticker, but 28F degree nights is not ideal. 90 Summer heat the engine does not run to well. 40's for day time temps now I'd be interested is seeing the better power combined with less used 9000 series 3.5 hp in place of the worn 8000 series 3hp Briggs climbs hills well.

The two engines I thought would be a easy swap, but the cranks shaft is a short shaft and larger diameter. Mods to make it work are nearly done. I even found the old rings I saved when I bought new ones for the old engine. Once I split the crankcase on the old engine, I might find a broken ring and just use the saved parts. It is hard to get replacement parts for everything on the older engines.

Last edited by MEASURE TWICE; 12-27-2016 at 12:22 AM.