Finally decided to join.

GoldenMotor.com

Dirty Dan

Jan 10, 2011
Mattoon Illinois
Ive wanted to motorize a bicycle for years. a few months ago i finally did. I bought a really old schwinn cruiser for cheap and put a skyhawk on it with a hub adapter and 36 tooth sprocket. It works great but i want a better carb. any suggestions an what one i should get?.wee.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum.
The stock, kit supplied carburetor is not a bad little guy. I've read several accounts of people replacing it with so called 'high performance' or 'racing' carbs only to go back to the stock one.
Like every other aspect of this hobby there'll be differences of opinion so stand by, you'll get lots of input soon. Meanwhile, try using the search feature at the top of the page. Type in 'carburetor' then sit back because you'll find plenty to read on the subject.
Tom

Dirty Dan

Jan 10, 2011
Mattoon Illinois
Thanks. I think i fixed the carb. I turned the air/fuel mix screw in as tight as it can go. That doesnt seem right but oh well. The problem before was at about 20 mph the engine would just seem to die. It works great now as far as i can tell. I havent been able to test it much due to icy roads. Im buying another engine kit that somebody is selling used. Im planning on mounting it on a wal-mart beach cruiser. They actually seem to be decent quality. I want this one to look nice because the one i have now just looks like a bunch of old bike parts thrown together with a motor.brnot