Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:10 AM
minor bike philosopher
Default Re: Radar Detector on my bike

I know Im old fashioned but when people talk about putting devices on their bikes that costs more than the bike kit, I wonder if they don't have just a little too much money. I know that sounds stupid but sometimes I think we just get wrapped up in the nuts and bolts and forget it's about the freedom and the freedom is born in less it more.

I don't mean to offend anyone with a tom tom, mp3 player, an iphone holder, or in this case a radar detector. I know it may just be sour grapes.
My posts have entertainment value only. A bike ain't yours till it has your blood on it. Then it owns you.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:27 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Radar Detector on my bike

Originally Posted by tim turbo View Post
I agree with Bairdco, just be cool and get along with our PD they are there to protect and serve.
That may be true in many places but in Austin the PD is here to fine, jail and anything else that might earn the city some revenue. It is definitely not about protecting or serving anyone.

I am sure there are some decent Austin cops as I do not know all of them, but the ones who have to peddle a bike downtown are trying to prove something to their superiors so they can get a car one day I guess. They are not thrilled to be riding a bike on the beat I guess. LOL

bicycle, detector, laser, police, radar