Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Hi there - want to build a mountain bike

I'm trying to gather information about these things. I hope to have a motorized mountain bike pretty soon but I'm somewhat at a loss as to what engine/bike I really need.

I want to carry the thing on the back of a small RV and use it to explore 4wd roads in National parks & forests. For the sake of flexibility I'd like something street legal in CA.

I believe I want a frame mount as I don't like the high center of gravity on the other types and I don't care for the idea of having to use a rope start. It looks like that rules out a full suspension bike which is a real shame.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Norm Lane
Old 08-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Hi there - want to build a mountain bike

Hello Norm Welcome to the forum

If you plan on using just for 4wd trails I would suggest to gear that sucker down to give you plenty of low end torque.

I think the 48cc would work just fine...but if I was going to use it for trails I would go with a 70cc...just my opinion.

Here is a link that will give you the frame demensions to help you decide on what bike to get.........