Is this online vendor legit?

GoldenMotor.com

MiamiHeat87

Nov 29, 2010
Miami, FL
Hey everyone,

I'm new to motorized bicycle and plan on getting one to replace my car which I had to sell recently. I came upon this website and the bicycles generally fit my needs such as having a luggage rack, being motorized, and looking nice.

I was wondering if any of you guys knew about this website and if they are a good company: RedRock Cycles MotorBicycles

I don't want to be scammed out of a few hundred dollars as they bikes do seem affordable but at the same time too nice for their price. Even if I do get the bike, I don't want it to be a piece of crap and fall apart.

MiamiHeat87

Nov 29, 2010
Miami, FL
I tried sending an email which I got a delivery failure and I cannot find a redrock cycles on google maps, so i'm afraid this is a no good place. I'd still like to get a bicycle like this. Can someone refer me to a good website or someone who may be able to build one for me?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I tried sending an email which I got a delivery failure and I cannot find a redrock cycles on google maps, so i'm afraid this is a no good place. I'd still like to get a bicycle like this. Can someone refer me to a good website or someone who may be able to build one for me?
I'm checking into this vendor for you. I've personally not heard of them but they do have an impressive website. Have you tried simply calling them?
One item of interest was mention of A magazine devoted to motorized bicycles and the fact that Sick Bike Parts is a supplier to them. Sick Bike Parts is a well respected sponsor/member here. Keep us posted on what you discover about them.

As for other vendors, check those listed down the sides of this page.

Incidently, I'm an old Miami transplant. Grew up in the Gables and lived there until 79. I haven't been back since 99. Sort of miss the old place.

Tom

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I wouldn't trust that site. On the side of this page is an advertisement for "Bike Berry". They are having a HUGE sale with fantastic prices on bikes and everything else. I have used them a number of times and have had great service. Check them out.

Terry

MiamiHeat87

Nov 29, 2010
Miami, FL
These are really helpful replies, thanks. As for the phone number, there was none on contact page. I will check out the vendor websites here and try PMing Cheech who's profile you gave me. If anything, I can give a review of what happened if I do decide to buy from them.

Aren't those prices really inexpensive for these bikes? Other bikes I see on websites are always around a grand.

MiamiHeat87

Nov 29, 2010
Miami, FL
Alright, I called the number and the guy was very helpful. He is more of a regional dealer butnwill ship if you want him too. He was encourage me to try to find local dealers or come to this website and build one myself, since he hates the hassle of a hipping nd it's so costly.

Guy was really helpful overall, and even said to call him up if I need help when building my bike.