Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: Is This Kit Nuts? or am I nuts the clutch working....did a run and with considerable effort and some stamina,
got it running...once.....I shut it down and now it wont start at all....
After some investigating I noticed the the Spark plug wire at the Plug end was not connected
properly on the Plug had detached itself. Where can I get a new one....I was going
to use an older one I had laying around but the Mag is I cannot open it to reattach
a new wire into it. I have built and repaired Motorcycles since I was 16 and I'm 59....between
some of the help here you guys have given me and my own knowlege and ingenuity, I have gotten this far. But I have never encoutered a piece of garbage such as this.

Last edited by captainmorse; 11-13-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:45 PM
a guy who makes cool bikes
Default Re: Is This Kit Nuts? or am I nuts

the plug wire unscrews from the CDI. there's screw threads inside and the new wire just screws back on.

it's a primitive system, but it works.

some plug wires can be in there pretty tight, and i've heard of some that were sealed with glue or something, but they all unscrew.

then you can use a real wire and boot. i use 7mm non-resistor copper core wire. good auto parts stores and lawnmower shops have it.