Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Cool I am the Electric Rider

I ride a motorized bike that has a 750 watt hub motor powered by 36v (soon to be 48v) sealed lead acid battery. I choose this over a gas motor due to stealth, quietness and ease of maintenance. With 48v it can reach speeds of 30 mph, perhaps 35 with a 48v lithium type battery as they normally supply in reality 52 volts. With 36v it only does the legal limit of 20 mph. I want the extra power and speed 48v brings for emergencies if I need to pull away more quickly.

I consider my electric motored bike every bit as a motored bike as a gas bike is. The up sides are battery charge is dirt cheap from 2 to 5 cents a charge and we all pay for electricity anyway. It has a range of 20 to 25 miles per charge with 48v which is everywhere I need to go around the city on a daily basis.

I am joining because I need info for modding accessories for the bike as you cannot find this info on bike forums or even motorcycle forums.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Gutter Rider
Default Re: I am the Electric Rider

Welcome to the forum Biker! You will find a treasure of information here.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: I am the Electric Rider

Welcome to the forum. One of the Mountain Bike forums has started an electric assist sub-forum, but the members don't have near as much experience as you will find here.
“You're only young once, but you can be immature as long as you like" -Unknown