4g belt drive slipping like crazy at 75% and over. Do you know whats wrong?

GoldenMotor.com

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida
chain is loose, 44 tooth sprocket, not the honda motor, 160 ibs rider, brand new clutch.

I dunno what's wrong with it, going full speed leads to a high pitched engine and a ton of vibration.

I'm at a loss.

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida
How do i tighten the belt?. Is there a way on the non honda kit?.

The belt is brand new, right out of the mail box. its already time 0_0 .. lol jk

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Is it sloppy or tight? You loosen four bolts and turn the concentric hub with a spanner. then tighten the bolts. Don't over-tighten anything.....the belt or the bolts.

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida
Well I figured out how to adjust the belt, but that didn't do much of anything. I loosened it as much as possible and it didn't seem to make a difference, then I tightened it as I could, and same result.

Its not really the throttle that makes it slip. from a dead start it has alot of power and takes right off and has very good acceleration, but when the bike gets to a certain speed any more throttle will just make it vibrate like crazy and give no power to the back wheels.

This really sucks ): ..

Update

I just tightend the clutch, didn't do anything.

Reved the bike stationary at 75@ throttle to see if belt was slipping, it wasn't.

If i give it a 20/40% throttle. As it accelerates its fine, but as it starts to gradually reach a higher speed the engine will start to rev louder and vibrate alot more while giving less and less power to the wheels untill its whining and vibratign so loud its unbearable.

Last edited:

athIetichunta

Oct 27, 2010
Weston Fl
Sry. I'm havign account problems.

Here's a revise of my last post.

Well I figured out how to adjust the belt, but that didn't do much of anything. I loosened it as much as possible and it didn't seem to make a difference, then I tightened it as I could, and same result.

Its not really the throttle that makes it slip. from a dead start it has alot of power and takes right off and has very good acceleration, but when the bike gets to a certain speed any more throttle will just make it vibrate like crazy and give no power to the back wheels.

This really sucks ): ..

Update

I just tightend the clutch, didn't do anything.

Reved the bike stationary at 75@ throttle to see if belt was slipping, it wasn't.

If i give it a 20/40% throttle. As it accelerates its fine, but as it starts to gradually reach a higher speed the engine will start to rev louder and vibrate alot more while giving less and less power to the wheels, and when you give it more throttle it begins to vibrates and rev so loud its unbearable.

Greg Garcia

May 9, 2010
California
Just got a new 4G motor and the cluctch lasted 5 miles and it was done,when I was riding it it disingaged all by its self. After 45 years experience with motorcycles and a racing back ground and having (Chuck Sun) @ KTM ask to borrow 620 4 stroke for Joe Kopp to race super moto I think the design should have been a V belt design insted of some brake pads in a drum. There is too much slippage with the clutch on the 4G which will go through clutchs too much. The pressure plate design works really good and is used on dirt bikes and such. I am looking for a stronger clutch than the stock 1.