Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Rrrrrrrrran like crazy on that canal today, then I left work for a lunch ride.

On my way home this evening I passed a pickup truck with two motorized bikes in it. They were distinctive and I knew right away who's they were. There was Bill from Helmutt Cycles hanging out on Cave Creek Rd! I let him ride my bike, he liked it.

He makes some really nice bike frames and gas tanks, I'd like to learn how to do that.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Fixed a rattle in the belt guard, then went for a nice test ride.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:35 PM

wicked looking ride SS 80 lets see..today tighten up a few screws N wutnot. mostly been riding. traded my full face helmet for a old western auto 10 speed which now for sale lol. been wearing my new half helmet lately got used to it
Old 03-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Staff

Long ride scouting. She really does not like the cold but warmed up, she is an UberScooter. The MTNB shocker forks got a lil more travel and are awesome. Makes a big difference in comfort and ride. Got stopped a few times. "how fast. where can I get one" I stopped in at Ace to ask if I could take some pallets from out back. Guy asked how the bike was doing. I told him I had dialed it in and was running great. I mentioned how well the blow bag muffler does. He has seen my bike many times but never noticed it. we ended going out side to look at it and he was shocked. Just kinda funny. I like to tap it with my boot and show it is just a rubber bag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 03-30-2011, 04:48 PM

I replaced the rear axle (stripped/worn threads), and repacked the hub. I was cleaning out the carburetor and noticed it had a crack on it, so I dried it out and bagged it for spares, and put another carb on it.

Next, I'm making the rear hub a free coaster by taking out the shoes and putting in washers, and installing a caliper brake instead. I got tired of the coaster brake because I can't pedal backwards, so if I move my feet, I have to pedal around to level the pedals again. Also, I don't want to hear a clicking freewheel, so this will do nicely for a silent hub.

Then I will sand the brake tracks on the wheels for more traction, put some gas in the tank, and go for a ride. It's been a month or so since I went motor biking.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:33 AM

Rode my bike today for the first time this year after rebuilding. I added many new parts, most important being jaguar's CDI box and attending coil upgrade. And, yes, it does smooth out the roughness of the 66cc motor. Plus it really points out I need to tune on the CNS carb some more.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:09 AM

I took the carb off and checked to see if my float was causing the surges in power I have been experiencing. I'll give it a test ride tomorrow. I also went to the store and parked my bike out front. While it was unlocking it I had a guy ask me some questions about it. He really liked what I had done to modify my mountain bike to make it what it is. After I while I noticed that he was wearing a white NASCAR type racing jacket with HD on it. He did not look like the typical cartoon biker. We talked about bikes and I asked him if he ever had a Harley that you had to kick start? he said sure , I had to deal with a magnetos.I may not get much respect from fellow cyclists, but the Harley guys have always been positive.

mike
Old 03-31-2011, 09:11 AM

Fixed all my surging yesterday by getting it all sealed up now I want a better carb so I can keep accelerating but man is it fast and snappy now I hope this guy don't hurt him self should I write something up or what?
Old 03-31-2011, 09:18 AM

I think I have the same problems as you what was causing the surging?

mike
Old 03-31-2011, 09:57 AM

I got my hub adapter and 48 tooth sprocket yesterday and mounted it this morning on the 26" rim and cbe110 Shimano hub I got a couple of weeks ago at the bike show and swap meet for $15... I am still looking for a Worksman front rim and hub with the drum brake. I talked to their sales department and the said that the company that was building thm went out of business and they had a couple of pieces of their machinery of theirs they were using that got sold by the liquidators and that it will be at least 3 weeks till they have a new stock in. I have been considering a Sturmey Archer hub, one nice thing is that it comes with all of the hardware as well as the brake cable where the Worksman doesn't... Any opinions on it?

Last edited by MarkSumpter; 03-31-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner