Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I can not take credit for things I learned on this board, Dan. But I will take that beer!

Last edited by Smoothe; 03-24-2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: sp
Old 03-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Staff

Did ya notice? complete accident but the seat (off a $90 moon dog) matches the bike that matches the forks. Really was a throw together and I just noticed. I got 10 bucks off the moon dog 'cause the seat had that tear. The dang thing rides awesome and I like how she looks. win/win

Further proof that no amount of planning will replace dumb luck.

(the beer shorted out the scanner. dunno. It was capped when I slammed the cover down)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 03-24-2011, 08:30 PM

I'm not much for PDF beer anyway, Dan.

That seat looks like it was born there!

Last edited by Smoothe; 03-24-2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: .
Old 03-24-2011, 09:38 PM

I rode 8.5 miles this morning, bike running a little sluggish on the hills, I had just put a new NTTC Carb. on it last week and hadn't done any tuning to it yet, but I knew it was running a little rich because the plug was very dark when I had looked at it and it was 4 stroking way more than normal.

This afternoon I pulled the carb, off, removed the main jet and checked it for size it was a #70 which I have found is a bit big around here in the hotter thinner air climate, so I soldered it up and redrilled it to a smaller #72, I then went on a 13 mile round trip ride and it was better but still not what it should be so when I got back I pulled the spark plug and it is still pretty Black/Brown instead of the nice Lite Chocolate Brown it should be, so when I get a chance I'll resolder and drop down to a #74 and see how that does.

I also cleaned the air filter foam and soaked it good in Foam filter oil that I also use on the filters of my Nitro RC Trucks and Buggy, this is the best stuff to use on the foam elements by the way dirt wont get by it like it will the K&N oil which is not designed for foam filters.

And also I am really luv-in my home made clutch pucks on this bike, very nice grip on this high compression engine......
Old 03-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Gutter Rider

Got UPS cleared up me thinks this coming Monday
Old 03-25-2011, 03:07 AM

1 hour into the new day here, just removed last of my engine tin and installed SBP's 4-stroke air filter. My brother put one of these on his bike last week and is very happy with the improvement in looks. The slight performance boost didn't hurt either!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001b - 3-25 Afilter.jpg (355.8 KB, 45 views)
Old 03-25-2011, 06:22 PM

Today I rode up Cave Creek Road about 5 minutes from my office to Cyclegear, where I purchased these lovely mirrors (That don't vibrate like the last one did). They didn't have the helmet I wanted though, so I may order one online.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 063.jpg (154.7 KB, 239 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 064.jpg (189.6 KB, 243 views)
Old 03-25-2011, 07:26 PM

so as i had mentioned before, i had the clip set to the middle, and the bike ran really good.

well, ran good until it started 4 stroking like crazy. couldn't even touch the throttle without it 4 stroking... :<

set it back to the 2nd to the top notch, it runs on that, but it's a tad too lean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:02 AM
Staff

Really does Smoothe, thanks. I like the way it blends with the cream color on the headset. With out that seat and every thing else black or chromed, looked out of place

Designed a front fender. The old one has 5 holes drilled to accept the fancy suicidal springers and when they failed scratched em pretty deep. Could be made to work. But new plan is small fender on the forks them selves, and a plate on the down tube. The small plate could fall off and would not hinder forward motion. The plate on the down tube has much better mounting options as it will be all solid and non-moving.

There is a custom leather shop in the industrial area I like to ride. I have been thinking of asking what seat covers would cost. Thinking "MotorBicycling.com" ones with the lettering on the sides. My avatar with the words; "Sit on a happy face"

Ya know, normal stuff like that.

I must own 12 bike seats and just about every one is tore up. (I blame global warming and Budweiser) Would make getting the right colors easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 03-26-2011, 05:36 PM

so engine runs like sh*t now...

acts like it has a rev limiter on it.

going to perhaps try putting an old spark plug in (thinking it got all covered in gunkyness)

after some time playing bioshock though ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner