Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Looks good noisydad! She's full of class!

Today I'm painting my muffler. The goldish color finally got to me (I thought it would burn off quickly), so off it goes. I needed to run to the store, so I slapped the straightpipe back on. Wow is she loud lol

My brother was over with his Knuckle. He had to change his Q-matic's belt and tensioner and decided to paint it while it off and apart. Came out nice!

Last edited by The_Aleman; 03-13-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:39 PM

I sure hope you're up and running again soon Dan. Glad you're still with us.

Thats one heck of a cool crowd you run with msrfan. Nice bikes, I like the tanks.

Today I went to AZBill's house and bought my exhaust. I also got to ride his stretch cruiser! I should have asked for twice around the block (Thanks Bill)!

I put the exhaust on, note the custom allstrap clamp. I have my chain on but I wish I could get it a little tighter. I also wish I had my tank right about now.

And I finally got bairdco's Stewart Warner Speedometer up and functioning. I had to lengthen the little tab that goes between the spokes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 054.jpg (214.3 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 055.jpg (167.5 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 057.jpg (204.8 KB, 126 views)

Last edited by Smoothe; 03-13-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:42 AM

[QUOTE=
That 1/4" of cable pull transmits to half choke at least.... OH well luckily it was an easy problem that did no damage, it could have been worse. Any one have a repair Idea to secure the cable better besides squashing the hex retainer?[/QUOTE]

I had this problem with the cables on my ultralight. I replaced the dust boot with a short piece of fuel line and used 2 small worm clamps.

Some just used saftywire clinched tight around the cable and then around the hex adjuster, with no dust boot at all.

Last edited by wayne z; 03-14-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:52 PM

I made some new tank mounts to hold the tank to the two rails of the frame. Used a new material that is very easy to work with and relieved the harmonics associated with a steel tank. This might be a good way to some how mount the motor to the frame. I may try this stuff in the future for a MM.

U.S. Plastic Corp. carries an excellent selection of UHMW sheet, UHMW rod and UHMW shapes. UHMW is ultra high molecular weight (UHMW) polyethylene bar that has exceptionally high abrasion and impact resistance properties. It will outwear all other materials, including metals, nylons, urethanes and fluoroplastics. In corrosion resistance, it has the same qualities of other polyethylene plastics. UHMW resists wear, friction and corrosion and thus it cuts maintenance costs, energy consumption and extends equipment life. Applications for UHMW materials include guide rails, wear plates, rollers, conveyor augers, bin and hopper lines, chutes, bearings, bushings and gears.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3130064.JPG (246.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg P3130067.JPG (243.0 KB, 33 views)
Old 03-14-2011, 08:17 PM

Got my second build roadworthy with an o-ring at the carb top. Woohoo.

Get on the motorbicycling.com member map

Old 03-15-2011, 01:59 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

I will definitely have to get a few more pictures next time around. the Higgins build is coming along somewhat quicker now, as I finish the painting and some of the fabricating. I found a picture of an old Indian that has become a sort of target to aim for, in so far as how close I can get my Higgins to look like it. The headlight will be pretty close; handlebars with cylindrical tank on top - pretty close; paint scheme - pretty close; white tires, luggage rack, leather saddle, cloth wrapped wires, old-school speedometer, etc. Just because I discovered that I can. I can do this. Having much fun over here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tn_hen2018_jpg.jpg (10.8 KB, 43 views)

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 03-16-2011, 11:52 PM

Today I finally got my tank back. It's coated with something that makes the metal look anodized red. So I took it home, mounted it up, poured oil into the engine, attached the gas line to the carb and poured gas into the tank.

About four pulls later she was purring. I finally have my bike built. I still have some slight adjustments to do but she's up & running!
Old 03-17-2011, 02:33 AM

Congratulations, Smoothe!
Please share some pics of it if you can.

Does not come with a fortune cookie."
Old 03-17-2011, 05:44 AM
Staff

Awesome Smoothe. Good feelin, eh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 03-17-2011, 07:13 AM

Today I stared at my bike on the stand waiting for the small drive sprocket. I have another one off a different engine(same size motor, same number of teeth, different size crank shaft and thiner key). I was thinking that I could solve both problems by filing down the key that fits the other sprocket on the side that goes in the shaft but then I would have to find out if a shim would work.

I am waiting on a new sprocket tomorrow. so my question is will a new Skyhawk GT-5 work with a 415 chain? The chain that came with the kit lasted about forty miles.

mike

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner