Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:13 PM
a guy who makes cool bikes

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

i worked on the Raffle bike a little, then headed out and met up with the Aleman and some other guys to do some BS'ing and some GPS'd speed runs.

hit 54mph before i caught up to some cars. my super bike still had a little more power that coulda squeezed out a few more MPH's, but i ran outta room.

on my way home there was a huge wreck and the cops were diverting all the cars. luckily for me, i shut it down and was pedaling up, so they let me sneak past all the bodies in the street. (seriously. looked like they were working on one, and covering up another.)

i ran outta gas a block from my house.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

I went on a 68 mile ride today. Starting to see the folly of apehangers! My shoulders hurt and used my pullstarter enough times to cause an ugly blister. Saw and heard my first Morini in person. Watched bairdco duck his way through a few 50+MPH runs. Good times!
Old 03-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Staff

Spent 30 hrs, no kidding 30 expletive hrs trying to get the one bolt off the manifold on Carol's car to replace the gasket. So she has my car and I am commuting on the daily rider. Which is pretty awesome. Springer forks rule! Really do make a huge difference. Any way was running late so Carol drove me to work with the motorized bicycle on the car. Get off work and fire her up. So sweet. Love the sound of this thing. Then, Grinding sound. Before I can shut her down, she stalls. "What fresh **** is this? Sounded like the return spring broke again and was scraping. Had no tools! But a buddy happened past and I borrowed an 8MM wrench. (Broke my own rule of not carrying every tool ya need to build one, while ya ride one) But the center bolt had just worked lose. Easy fix and great ride home. And, and! lol found out some great news about a biz venture I'm working on. Just another cool motorized bicycle sorta day and spring is coming!

I had not thought of this, Carol's idea. When I hooked the battery back up on her car, the post clamp broke. She was gonna pick one up as I have a meeting tonight. She said to IM a pic from my cell phone as she didn't understand what I was asking her to pick up or just wanted to be sure. This would make it really easy at Granger's or the like when I am trying to do some odd thing or marry to parts together and don't know what it's called or if one is even made. Just sayin as this does happen to me a lot and will be useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Last edited by Dan; 03-10-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:20 PM

i got it put together!!!!!

managed to get the engine side together with 15 links. just used some washers rather than bother the plates it comes with.

gonna get pictures of it up later today

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Staff

awesome Skarrd! Pics, pics and vid seavoo play?

Old 03-10-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
awesome Skarrd! Pics, pics and vid seavoo play?
XD will do! i ran outta time today to get some more pics.

need to put the jump stop on (since i made the chain jump once when i was turning) but other than that it ran great.
a little difficult to get started when it's cold, but i just need to practice more so i can time it right to pedal through, rather than just one jump and hope it starts.

Quote:
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:15 PM

pics of bike with shift kit!

hit a new top speed! 34.1mph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0310011014.jpg (260.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 0310011014a.jpg (268.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 0310011014b.jpg (273.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 0310011014c.jpg (212.6 KB, 27 views)

Quote:
Old 03-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Staff

Awesome and amazing. Really, what is the HP of a China Girl? Any one know the formula to figure it out? I was working on a "one chain" drive system when the SBP shifter kit came out and is incredible to me how simple and well thought out they got it. Really is amazing.

How is the sound and power differences Skarrd?

LOL, Ya just know some one is gonna ask about your left rear sprocket and how can it move with out a chain. Kinda like "where do you put the gas?" Then ya point to the tank.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Awesome and amazing. Really, what is the HP of a China Girl? Any one know the formula to figure it out? I was working on a "one chain" drive system when the SBP shifter kit came out and is incredible to me how simple and well thought out they got it. Really is amazing.

How is the sound and power differences Skarrd?

LOL, Ya just know some one is gonna ask about your left rear sprocket and how can it move with out a chain. Kinda like "where do you put the gas?" Then ya point to the tank.
i think the plate on the engine says it's 2.75hp but then again, i don't think it's really that.
i need to get a shifter that goes on the left side since it's kinda awkward trying to shift with it on the right.

but other than that it's a blast to ride! i need to fine tune the rear derailluer since it has trouble going down into first, and sometimes into 7th

Quote:
Old 03-10-2011, 03:07 PM

Congrats Skarrd on the new setup... today even though it is sleeting to high heck I made a couple of short runs to feel the scoot under me and have some fun... I guess you have it bad when you will go out in cold and sleet for a thrill... Oh well it is suppose to be in the 50s by Sunday and I have to keep the cobwebs out so to speak. I did meet a woman locally that wants a bike to meet guys the other day as well as a couple local riders who might be interested in a rally. LOL...

Hurry up warm weather so I can ride comfortably...

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner