Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Staff

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I did Steve! No kidding. Sent it to the woman who heads up their ads at a separate company. No reply. I was hoping for a hat, some free beer or at least a hat, snork. Really, is a Bud light cap to much to ask for? I worked hard on that for several minutes with a rather horrible hang-over.

But is all about the fun. (and free hats) wut ya gonna do.

On a serious note, it is short 2 or 3 lines according to their existing ads. When I come up with them, gonna send to AB directly. I really do think its funny (but I have rather low standards) and just think it would be cool for us. Gonna make ring tones for us. I am working on one with a 4 stroke warming up. Is actually pretty cool. I am down to one 2 smoker and have yet to record her. But will get to it some day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 03-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Staff

just looked at the pic I posted of my crank. In real life you can just barely see light between the crank and muffler (read rubber blow bag, snork). Has to be less then a MM. Might drill the hole bigger in the blow bag just to see if it makes a difference. They cost $6.99 at Harbor freight. $20 @ home depot. Is the same dang thing.

Think I posted it but the drain cleaning "blow bag" was put on as a joke. I thought it would expand and explode. Dang thing works awesome. I tested it against a Ace hardware small engine muffler and works better. I used a garden hose splitter and had both on at the same time so I could experiment. Silly blow bag out performed the "real" muffler. But the real one did sound meaner. Some vids and pics http://motorbicycling.com/f37/rivers...ild-23871.html

Old 03-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Gutter Rider

Dan I forgot about that blow bag. I have been a two smoke guy all this time now. When money permits gonna do a four smoke and a blow bag!!

For some reason you got me thinking about bag pipes now lol.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
washed some salt off the fenders. Raining like heck here. Noticed how close I cut the crank clearance. No amount of planing will ever replace dumb luck. The pipe support is just an old chain tensioner cut down. (pic below)

Can't be riddin' dirty, snicker.

LOL Skarrd. We gotta write a motorized bicycle version of that song.

and I need a few more lines for this one;

"Bud Light presents, Real Men of genius. Motor-bike style. (Chorus;real men of genius)
Today we salute you, Mr. weed-whacker, motor-bike builder.
(Mr. weed-whacker, motor-bike builder)
Any one can buy a cheap imported scooter. But only you take a yard tool, a bicycle and a socket set to new heights.
(we owe China lots of money)
For the man who has every thing. Every thing except a passenger seat"
(his friends have cars)
All with out a helmet.
((Femail chorus))Gonna scramble your eggs)
So crack open a Bud light Mr. Mystro of the weed-whacker powered motor-bike. We'd sing your praises. But you don't have a muffler and you can't hear us.
(Mr Weed-Whacker, Motor-bike Builder)

Anheuser-Bush, Saint Louis Mo"

I keep posting this and no one ever adds lines! ( I really do think it's funny but still a work in progress)
LMAO!! that is awesome man!
i need to do a 'Mr. custom chopper thing motorbike guy' version of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

Got more painting done, and some sundry fabricating, plotted circuit schematics for the lights so I'll know what I'm doing when it comes time to wire them.

A neighborhood teen saw the shed door open and the light on, and asked "What're you makin' in there?"

I said "A motorbike."

He said "No $h*t?"

I said "See." Pointed around.

He asked "Can you build me a car?"

I told him "Sure, how much money ya' got?"

He said "Well, I guess it'd have to be a very small, slow car."

I said "How 'bout a motorbike instead?"

He seemed to be thinking about it.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 03-08-2011, 12:49 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

Every now and then, my gut tells me to do one thing and I do something else 'cause I think I know better. One day I'll learn:

Went to buy masking tape. Saw one kind that was a buck or two more, name brand, advertised "easier removal". Sounded good, gut said "get it".

I didn't. Bought cheap basic masking tape. Generic.

Began painting rims by masking off the lower parts of the spokes. Tape worked well so far. Painted rims. So far so good. Time to remove tape. (Insert sound of DOOM!)

It took me much of the night to try to pick the G&^%$&^$ Da^&$^%d Effing bits of tape off of all 36 spokes because the stuff was SO cheap that, try as I might, it would ALWAYS shred to little bits. Lots of little piddling bits. As I grew near to finishing the picking on the one wheel, I looked over at the other wheel, knowing I would need to repeat the process tomorrow. Stuff that makes a grown man cry.

Lesson for today, class: buy the good tape. Don't torture yourself needlessly. And listen carefully to your gut. It may be worthwhile.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 03-08-2011, 01:15 AM

got my shift kit today.

started putting it on today, until i got to the point where i needed my chain breaker. damn thing ran off while i wasn't looking.

Quote:
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Staff

LOL Allen, w/ both posts. Ayup.
I wanna do a car build sorta like BarleyAwake's trike. DMV keeps telling me "No, wuts wrong with you?" snicker. Really, a small light car maybe a Mini frame with MC wheels.. Could be prtty awesome. For around town only. Non-highway.

Ye- haa Skarrd! Pics, pics.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:24 PM

so yeah, got as far as getting the engine side chain on.
shorted to 15 links, ok
putting back together, not ok
chain is too short with 15, too long with 16, and sorta long with 15 1/2

gonna try something with the shims later on and see if i can get it to work.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2011, 06:39 PM

HA Finally a spring like day here in Ohio... 57 degrees and partly cloudy... After the 3 week shakedown and fixing all of the minor problems as they have arisen and tightening bolts nuts and screws I got to take the scoot out for a real ride.

As I calculate it from where I live to Dayton proper it is almost 18.5 miles... I rode the river park bike trails and all through downtown Dayton and back... so all in all 35- 40+ miles without a single hiccup from the china girl.... I am so happy cant wait till it warms up even more than this beautiful day...

Bikes make you enjoy the weather more I have seen so far...

zoom zoom...

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner