Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:22 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Speaking of flats.. I experienced a blow out..my fault..didnt have front linier pull shoes adj. right rubbed though the side wall..pop! Then you realize you don't want to slam on the brakes and have a wash out. Soo I carry tube,pump and tools and had them all with me! Just turned 1000 miles. First flat. I was gonna swap front to back tires..now gotta buy one. I'd like to have stiffer side walls. Mine are cst 2.24 nice tire. Nice price 14$. Gonna look for rubber side walls.

Last edited by scratchbuilder; 09-25-2015 at 01:24 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 09-25-2015, 02:24 PM

you need to get 4 ply tires and puncture resistant tubes so that doesnt happen again they also have tube inserts that go between the tire and the tube
Old 09-25-2015, 09:48 PM

I guess I didn't realize how cramped my Huffy frame really was until I swapped out to a layback seatpost ---- holy cow, what a difference!! Lower and further back is the shiznat!!

Old 09-25-2015, 10:16 PM
Dealer

The laid back on the Huffy is awesome. I need to always have one in stock. I think the solid steel ones for sale in the swap section look like the way to go for my application.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:41 PM

Changed out the rear 'fender' to a Topeak DeFender M2. When I finally get the Honda fuel tank on it, it'll look like it's supposed to be there.

Loaded up. Think that I'm gonna close my eyes, point at the map, and go to the 'point' for an 'adventure' tomorrow.........

Old 09-26-2015, 10:19 PM

20150821_200046.jpg i built this not to long ago its a very nice bike i sold it for 500 not bad for a 2 day build well it was an hour for painting the tank and engine then waiting for paint to dry for a day LOL
Old 09-26-2015, 11:17 PM

i got my wheel back today from the local shop whom i tried to have true and fix the hop, apparently when i was building it i over tightened some of the spokes bending the rim causing an un-fixable hop, which really blows because it was a brand new rim. i'm going to try taking it to another shop and seeing if it truly is non-fixable or if the shop in town is just blowing smoke.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseler View Post
Changed out the rear 'fender' to a Topeak DeFender M2. When I finally get the Honda fuel tank on it, it'll look like it's supposed to be there.

Loaded up. Think that I'm gonna close my eyes, point at the map, and go to the 'point' for an 'adventure' tomorrow.........

Nice looking setup!!
I prefer those type fenders for these builds too since they arent nearly as dangerous as the metal fenders
Old 09-28-2015, 09:50 PM

Ok, I think it's time to say "Uncle" on my home-made exhausts. Sunday, I took the bike to my hometown and rode some of the paved outlaying roads. One was just a touch rough, but had no stop signs for about 5 miles. My bike has never done a near full speed run of that distance.........well, it has now.

Everything was fine, except a progressively louder exhaust note --- the exhaust came apart beneath the epoxy fiber coating near the manifold. So, I've got a 'factory' made exhaust on the way. Should be here next week. Updates soon.

"Uncle."
Old 09-29-2015, 10:22 AM

on my first ride out in a couple weeks i went ass over tea kettle, it was a miscommunication with my and my buddy, i thought he said to cut across the road but he said to stay the lane. this miscommunication caused me to run into him i popped my front tire and went over the handle bars, thank god for helmets and thank god there wasn't more traffic, although had there been more traffic i would have not tried to cross the highway. my shoulder is killing me but nothing was broken, i'm sure it dislocated and popped back in.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner