Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

got to ride on my new cranbrook with a new rawmotors anglefire kit.. so fast for now.. think i need to fix my clutch pads on my old bike,
Old 03-05-2011, 06:31 PM

i finally fixed my flat tire it was cause by the wires in the tire rubbing against the tube

well see how long this innertube last with that rubbing hopefully another month so i can put summer tires on

well i admittingly have been nglecting my bike but it sure felt nice to ride it last night and today especially when it got me across town when i would have had to stay home
Old 03-05-2011, 09:35 PM

I changed the mixture setting on my newer type carb. First it was way to rich but I set it at two notches leaner and it heated my tuned pipe so much melted the 450 degree tubing. So I set it back to the stock three notches down. maybe this will work. My new carb seems to have a wider barrel so maybe it sucks more gas I would like to get at least one hundred miles to the gallon, but maybe that is asking to much.

mike
Old 03-05-2011, 11:27 PM

took it to a car show.

lol'd at all the people who would walk by it and think "ok it's a bicy- wait, is that a motor on it?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:51 PM
a guy who makes cool bikes

rode it around today, since it was almost 80 degrees out. went to the swap meet and found a guy selling a bunch of auto parts. bought 20 NGK's for 10 bucks, some copper lines and some other crap. oh, and some t shirts so i can hopefully get some screened up sometime this week, in between working on the raffle bike.

my clutch is squeaking.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Staff

Just realized today after taking Nashville Kat's advise on a smaller rear sprocket, (Thanks Kat!) I am getting insanely good millage! I have yet to really test and do the math but is phenomenally better For the price of some lower end so, so worth it! RPM max's out at around 4K so engine is happy and happy sounding. Speed is still low 30s. win/win all around.

My only MPG test on this engine was worst case. Did it in the cold and on a one mile road with a stop sign half way. Went from stop to WOT to stop to WOT for a hrs. It got 108 MPG. Have to test but now (I am guessing but will report) has to be at least 20% better. At these numbers, don't really care about MPG but was another cool lesson learned. Think that is one of the best parts of our crazy. Never ends and always some thing new to explore. The math said my ratio was perfect. It wasn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 03-06-2011, 12:44 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

Still not much new to report on the Higgins build. Some parts still getting red paint, some now getting clear coat. (Tough clear coat.) Also modified a 36T front pedal sprocket to fit the crank I'll be using. And I cleaned up the old red glass reflectors. They don't shine as bright as modern ones do - but they have "vintage cool" so I intend to find a way to use them.

I also have plans to make a fake, metal tank for the handlebars which, back in the day, would have held fuel/water for the carbide headlamp. But it will hold batteries for all lights. I'll be running a cloth covered set of wires from the tank to the headlight - just for the attention-to-detail effect. A lot of this stuff I'm doing just because I can.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"

Last edited by Allen_Wrench; 03-06-2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 03-06-2011, 06:14 PM

I moved my ignition box to the seat tube, above and behind the engine. The speedo doesn't reset itself as often, but it didn't cure it. The box will stay dryer and cleaner up there anyway.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Staff

washed some salt off the fenders. Raining like heck here. Noticed how close I cut the crank clearance. No amount of planing will ever replace dumb luck. The pipe support is just an old chain tensioner cut down. (pic below)

Can't be riddin' dirty, snicker.

LOL Skarrd. We gotta write a motorized bicycle version of that song.

and I need a few more lines for this one;

"Bud Light presents, Real Men of genius. Motor-bike style. (Chorus;real men of genius)
Today we salute you, Mr. weed-whacker, motor-bike builder.
(Mr. weed-whacker, motor-bike builder)
Any one can buy a cheap imported scooter. But only you take a yard tool, a bicycle and a socket set to new heights.
(we owe China lots of money)
For the man who has every thing. Every thing except a passenger seat"
(his friends have cars)
All with out a helmet.
((Femail chorus))Gonna scramble your eggs)
So crack open a Bud light Mr. Mystro of the weed-whacker powered motor-bike. We'd sing your praises. But you don't have a muffler and you can't hear us.
(Mr Weed-Whacker, Motor-bike Builder)

Anheuser-Bush, Saint Louis Mo"

I keep posting this and no one ever adds lines! ( I really do think it's funny but still a work in progress)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crank.jpg (54.6 KB, 34 views)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Last edited by Dan; 03-06-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:32 PM

Dan, I'd send that into them. Sounds perfect to me.

Now I think I'll get a beer.

Steve.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner