Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:03 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

not too much on the go today..
some basic stuff.. check all bolts, true back tire, tighten up axle, straighten sprocket...basic maintenance.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:33 AM

Nothing today, but got my pro circuit muffler the other day, took I apart, cleaned it up and painted the steel parts as well as buffing out the aluminum canister and trial fitted it onto the bike, with the bends it has I should be able to use it on the kx65 pipe without any further mods needed to the pipe or the muffler, just a little heat wrap from the stinger to the silencer to keep from burning my leg....

Also as an FYI for anyone else using the kx pipe, the Honda cr80 mufflers slip right on and have a bend that works well with the kx pipe.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:54 AM

I properly mounted my gas tank, and was able to remove the duct tape holding it on. Hopefully now it won't rattle as much. still need some loc-tite though to keep everything from coming loose. I used the chain guard piece to make the front mount because my frame is weird.

I also did a little cable management. it looks much cleaner now by bringing that clutch cable closer to the head tube.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150727_212427.jpg (680.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 20150727_212443.jpg (883.7 KB, 23 views)
Old 07-28-2015, 01:07 AM

With that frame you could weld in a bung for a gas cap on the top bar and another for the fuel petcock on the underside and just use the top bar for the fuel tank, it looks like it could hold at least 2 liters of fuel if it's fully sealed...
Old 07-28-2015, 01:36 AM

i'm not sure how well it may or may not be sealed, i would like to do that but feel i'd have to widen it to get a proper bung on it.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:55 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

This being the first day of ownership.
I removed the throttle grip, trashed the old fuel tank, and removed the carb.
Time to clean up this little booger and get it on the road!
Old 07-30-2015, 10:54 PM

Nothing got done to the road bike project today but I had some free time to reassemble the specialized frame after painting it. That's the one that I'm replacing for the mountain bike. The front half of the frame has been painted and finished for over a month but I needed to clean up and repaint the swing arm and the rear shock spring. I didn't have enough free time to do the stuff I need to on the road bike so I worked this one since if a customer did come in while I was working on it I could just drop what I was doing and take care of them. I got the frame reassembled but left off needing to take the parts off the broken frame and transfer them to the new frame. Then once I get that done I'm going to need to fire up the cnc and make a new front and rear mount, since this one has an aluminum frame I'm not going to take any chances with muffler clamp type mounts or any steel strap brackets, the bottom tube is too big for the billet mounts some places sell so I'm going to make my own for a perfect fit. Also since this one has rear suspension I'm going to need to come up with a better way to keep the chain tight enough but not too tight so I'm planning on getting a spring tensioner from turbobuick and putting a heavier longer spring in place so the chain will keep a constant tension but not go too tight. I'm also going to keep the rear shock set on the firm side to limit the travel and prevent bottoming out. I got a good source for springs if this one is too hard or soft, and since this one will stay on the street I won't need much travel. I'll try and post pics in the morning...
Old 07-31-2015, 05:01 AM

didnt work on my bikes but got in a couple of really nice intakes from Cortez Motorsports, best looking shorty intakes Ive seen and he even sent me a bonus exhaust extension for free.

and by the way I got the intakes for $6 each on a special he had for one day sale but even at regular price hes way below everyone else and he makes all his parts himself, nothing is cheap china knock off stuff.

look him up on facebook if you want some of his intakes or other parts he makes.

hoping to get time to put one of these to use on a bike soon.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:45 AM

Cool... I'll have to check his stuff out since I got 3 builds going on in different stages...
I just ordered another pipe off ebay, this time it's a Pro Circuit pipe for a CR80 and it's going to replace the ugly KTM pipe on the mountain bike when it goes back together. I'll buy another Firebreather header adapter from Fred for this one as well since it really sped up the process of getting a real pipe on these engines.
Here's the pic of the mountain bike's new frame... I'm replacing the bottom bracket and the head bearing cups so they stayed on during paint, these parts will be replaced with new stuff. If I have time today I'll be transfering the front end and the wheels over from the old frame, then I'll concentrate on making a set of billet mounts for this one....

Old 07-31-2015, 09:13 AM

Thanks for that Cortez Motorsports info... I just looked at some of the stuff he makes and those heads look really nice as well as the Terminator engine mounts and sprocket adapters etc...

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner