Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

got it outside to get a better pic - shifter is still hard to see, but shocks & disk are visible now

this thing takes off from a standing start like a motorcycle, no pedaling & runs uphill at 35-40mph without slowing noticeably - could easily run a 41T or 36T sprocket
sting.jpg
Old 06-12-2015, 12:23 AM

Assembled the road bike I got and now it's time to decide which engine I'm going to put in it... I got a really nice super rat built for speed and I got my old engine out of my mountain bike that took me over the 40mph mark consistantly, I removed that engine to do some minor maintenence on the bike and discovered a cracked frame, was going to weld in some fresh metal but decided to move all my good parts over to a new frame... my frame for that project also came in today so I'm prepping it for paint so I removed the shock from the swing arm,took the spring off the shock to remove the powder coat so I can powder coat it in the color I want it to be, the rear triangle is already black and looks good so it's gonna stay that way, but the front triangle was originally white and has its share of scratches and faded decals ,so it will be repainted, then everything else will be transferred from the mountain bike to the new frame.
I got 3 engines ready so this one will get a nice fast one too as well as a modded kx65 pipe and 18mm mikuni carb.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crassius View Post
got it outside to get a better pic - shifter is still hard to see, but shocks & disk are visible now

this thing takes off from a standing start like a motorcycle, no pedaling & runs uphill at 35-40mph without slowing noticeably - could easily run a 41T or 36T sprocket
Attachment 78440
Nice... looks like a good riding setup...
Old 06-12-2015, 04:53 PM

Put my cylinder back on my whizzer with enlarged ports and heat coatings applied to head ,valves etc...lightened piston with dry film lubricants on the side ,thermal coating top....it's a bad puppy. Thankyou Mason man
Old 06-12-2015, 06:39 PM

it's gonna run like a top with those enlarged ports, probably make the belts squeal a little.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
Nice... looks like a good riding setup...
yeah, the guy that bought it liked it (still has one payment to make on it) - he wondered about longer, wider bars so I may trade him my long-horn pull backs off my moon dog bike (bars are comfortable for cruising, but have to pull stomach in to make a sharp turn)
Old 06-13-2015, 12:18 AM

Got the specialized full suspension frame stripped down to bare metal and the first coats of fresh paint applied before leaving the shop tonight, on the new roadbike, got it fully together and front brake set up and adjusted, I gotta say it's nice and strong for a rim brake, still need to pull rear wheel off and flip around so I can have the freewheel on the pedal side then I need to connect the rear sprocket to the fixie side, after reading and seeing how others have added the rear sprocket on the fixies I've decided to drill thru both sprockets and bolt them together with 6 bolts in the typical 6 bolt disc brake rotor pattern so I can use spacers or shims to get the best sprocket alignment. I'm gonna keep this bike simple but fast...
I also aquired another mountain bike today for like $20 but it's going to need a chain, new tube and tires, and some cleanup before it's ready for an engine, overall is in good shape but needs a little tlc so it's on the back burner until I get the other 2 bikes on the road.
for the stingray I'm just putting that one on hold as well until I get more time to spend on the frame, I got all the parts to make a complete bike there too but decided to do a few things different than originally planned... if I get that one on the road before this winter I'll be happy since I'm in no hurry to finish that one....
Old 06-13-2015, 11:39 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Pulled the cap off the exhaust on the ol' soldier & did a little more drilling. Some day I'd like to create a straight pipe for this bike just to see what happens. I also repositioned the air tank for the horn onto the lower left fork slider just to clean things up a bit.
I did a bit of polishing & planning to the current project and not much else. I am awaiting all sorts of stuff I don't just have laying around, including a wider axle for the rear wheel. Folks that don't bother answering inquiries force me to seek other sources, or even fabricate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06122015 (7)4.jpg (803.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 06-15-2015, 11:21 AM

Just finished staightening and truing my wheel today, was pulling over to the left too much- now I lots more work to do. here is pic of my threaded hub, and adaptor plate. Threads right on to the hub.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheel 001.jpg (180.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg wheel 002.jpg (273.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 06-15-2015, 11:37 AM

im adding the white wire 6v to 12v adapter today and going to put the 5M light strip on my bike. going to be a light show on wheels LOL will post pics as soon as im done

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner